New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to hook up my A/F Gauge and my oil pressure gauge this weekend....I believe the A/F gauge gets hooked to the front O2 sensor right???? I basically need to know where the O2 sensor is (I think I know already, just need to make sure) and also where the oil sender unit is so I can hook my gauge sender unit into that......I appreciate any help everyone......

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah Im going to be putting in A/F soon too. Any clues?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump .......someone wanna help :shrug:

·
Registered
832 Posts
The front O2 sensor is right on the exhaust manifold. It should stick out the heat shield.

As for the Oil gauge, check some of the Focus forums. I saw a how-to there that showed where to hook into the oil preassure by hooking up the guage to a screw right behind the coil pack.

·
Registered
597 Posts
There's a plug on the back of the block..........above and slightly to the side of the oil filter. You can remove the plug and put your oil pressure sender (electrical gauge) or a tap for the oil line (mechanical gauge).

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: offsetillusions_
You have still not change out your o2 sensor Chris?
Nope not yet :( I will be though......

·
Registered
573 Posts
I hooked up my AutoMeter gauges today, but mostly just to power and ground. I've got an oil pressure gauge with sensor I plugged into the block - just like in this post - and it works fine. The A/F ratio gauge has wire run up to the O2 sensor (the one on top of the exhaust manifold, right?), but the sensor has three wires coming out. I don't know what wire to connect the AutoMeter lead to. I also picked up a 5" pro tach, but I don't know where/which wire to plug up to the tach. Probably something on the ECU or something, yeah? Anyone got an answer on these two?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
bump anyone know which wire is the o2 sending wire?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally hooked my O2 sensor up :banana: my car's runnin a lot beter now :biggrin:

·
Registered
719 Posts
i have it on my car and will pos t it on sat. the colors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts