New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy looking for a moderately low priced 10'' sub.

Basically, I have recommended Audiobahn or Alpine (type r) as decent bang for the buck subs, but my experience is with 12's only. Basically, I need input from you guys on what type of sub he should look at and possibly the best price online. Here are some of the issues:

Box is small in width, the box's gurth/depth is not more then 12 inches, which rules out most of the 12'' subs (particularily Audiobahn's because of the magnet size). It's more or less the width of a pickup truck box, but the airspace is mainly left to right (it's a long box).

Price is an issue, we aren't looking for a competition sub, but also not the ****tiest sub on the market for price factor. Something less than $150 would be nice.

As for my opinions based on personal experience, I have ruled out most Kenwoods and all Sony subs. Panasonic, I'm iffy there.

Overall, I'm leaning toward a 10'' type R thinking best bang for the buck, but again, my experience is limited to 12'' only so I cannot give him fair advice. So, my question is...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
what are the measurments for the box or has it been built yet... what kind of truck is it.......

I have had Type R 10's and 12's in the cougar ( at different times) and like both the 12 hits a lil deeper but the 10 is still a very nice sub. I just sold one of them the bloodbane and still have one sitting around.

I know at work we use infinity alot with trucks. nice and small and sound really nice.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much would you want for the other 10''?

As for the truck, it's an RHD Toyota Diesel, with a snorkel and mudders :)

The box is just a rectangular box in the back that runs the length of the seats. 50% ot it is hallow and the other half is drawers for tools etc. He's just looking to give the truck some bass over the engine that is pretty clean sounding.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i've got an eclipse 12" with a 600 watt db drive amp and it hits mega hard. i love this eclipse sub. i would definately recommend it. i got mine used as a floor model at an audio store (so price is more than online) and i only paid like $125. the amp i got new from the same store and it was $250. so for the $600 (new headunit too) on the system i absolutely love it. it's pretty small, doesn't take up much trunk space, and hits really hard. i don't remember exactly but i think at fest it hit something around 126-130db. the quality from it is super great too. i've had guys at the local cruise compliment me on the nice surround sound system i got (stock speakers :)) anyways, i'd definately recommend an eclipe sub. i haven't done a whole lot of looking recently but i'm sure there's a couple models in that price range.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
well if the box is just a square then I would calculate the air space before you strat looking for a sub and find one that will work with it. also measure hour how much depth you have in the box because like the mag on the back of a type R is pretty big....
To calculate air space

L X W X H/ 1728 will give you cubic air space. the type R is i believe .65cubic air space sealed if the sub would work for you send me a pm and I will shoot you a price. its heavy for a sub so shipping might be some $

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.