New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died in my car over the winter. I jumped it the other day, let it run for 20 minutes and drove it for a while. I parked it, turned it off and restarted it. The next day I went out to see if the battery held the charge. I turned on the ignition, all the lights came on. I then tried to start it. It cranked for a split second, the I heard a pop and it went completely dead. I bought a new battery today, and it is still DEAD. NOTHING works. No lights, ignition, keyless, radio, NOTHING.

I checked the fuses and they all apeared to be good.

What could possibly have blown that would make NOTHING work?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Do you have a fuse in your battery cable line? Maybe that went... Otherwise - maybe the cable fell off and isn't connected. I'm sure you checked that already, but I figured I would throw that out there. If that is not the culprit, I would say that something with your electrical system is jacked up. Try to PM Fett about it. He works for a Ford dealership and works on our cars all day long. Maybe he can give you a suggestion.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Do you have a fuse in your battery cable line? Maybe that went... Otherwise - maybe the cable fell off and isn't connected. I'm sure you checked that already, but I figured I would throw that out there. If that is not the culprit, I would say that something with your electrical system is jacked up. Try to PM Fett about it. He works for a Ford dealership and works on our cars all day long. Maybe he can give you a suggestion.
I fixed it. The cable separated from the mouting bolt, but it was all encased in protective rubber and I couldn't see it. I just happened to find it by pulling hard on all my cables.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts