New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my coug has an unusual amount or rattle when the bass hits. i did some exploring and found that the black box on the underside of the gas tank in the picture seems to be the cause of it. is there anyway i can secure it better?

(picture is courtesy of Tennismenace)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
is it a rattle or does it sound like a farting sound?

to fix the black box rattle... i would think that you could unscrew it and put some rubber washers in between.

to fix the fart... it's the air vents inside the bumper. you can take out the rear cloth of the trunk and you'll see a vent in each rear corner. i just covered mine fully with duct tape and no more fart.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its more of a rattle. but is it alrite to just unscrew that? i assum its the gas tank measurer

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
are you sure it's the little black box? Cause I know my car had a rattle for a while and I found out it was the Heat shield for my exhaust. It was really annoying. So when I upgraded the system I found out the bass canceled out the rattle and now you can't hear it anymore. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i agree with V Hull 3, check the flaps in the truck. Because when they flap you can here it under the car and on both sides of the rear bumper. Just try it

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yea, with my system, those flaps were the only thing i could actually hear. now it sounds fairly tight inside and out. i love new cars with no rattles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts