New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silver frost and wanted to do red on the interior but I don’t know what to do on the outside since red and blue are, I am almost sure, illegal on the outside of the car. I am going to get the underbody kit and put a bar behind my grill for the outside so what do you think would look good?

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Green might looks really nice on a silver car, my first choice would have been blue, but you are right, it is illegal. From what I've seen, green is also pretty bright.

If you want to test what different colors will look like under a lightcolored car Click Here..

Well, good luck, whatever you decide! Hope this helps a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does any one know what the exact law is about red and blue outside. Because if it just means you can't drive with it on I may go with red. I am also thinking green or yellow for the outside. I hate making decisions.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
they can't be on... nor can the neon tubes be visible... besides that how would they know you have them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey puck I know you are doing some neon too so I got a question for you. I want to wire everything to the lighter do you know if it has enough power to run 4 10 or 15 in. neons for the inside?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The neons can be on while u are parked. They tubes cannot be visiable. I have blue neons and i dont drive with them on but i park with them on all the time. And for putting the neons in the cig. lighter u can do it but i wouldnt recomend it. U can easily hard wire the neons up to one switch. I had 2 15's hooked up for almost a year. I also had 2 15" 1 10 and 1 20 hooked up for a month. If u do hook up the neons to a cig. lighter get a spliter that u can plug the neons into that has a bulit in fuse so u dont blow ur cig. lighter.

As far as which color i have seen green yellow red and blue there alll bright and look good. Personally i like white with silver if u dont like the other colors (blue is my fav) Sorry Brian but Cougar sport has green/yellow light glow tubes and he has a spruce green cougar u can ask him for a night pic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont mean like putting the plug in the cig lighter i mean wireing in behind it so you can still use the lighter i am assuming you need a 12V source and that is the only one on the inside that i know of. Do you mean wire to a switch and then go directly to the batt?

·
Registered
430 Posts
why put them to the lighter when you are wiring them all over the place go straight for the battery

·
Registered
430 Posts
why put them to the lighter when you are wiring them all over the place go straight for the battery

·
Registered
430 Posts
sorry about the double

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.