New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure that I will be needing to replace my ATX tranny, since the car will not drive more than a few inches at a time. Just in case it could be something else, here's the story. But, in this case, what exactly should I be looking to purchase? Is there another option other than factory? I figure either way, it's gonna put a big dent in my wallet anyway, so might as well try and get something better.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I 2nd the MTX swap, hell if you're near Cincinnati Ohio I might have someone who can get you a deal on it.......so you say you got your oil changed, could they have messed something up here? Cuz that could be a reason to get them to pay for the tranny/swap.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I 2nd the MTX swap, hell if you're near Cincinnati Ohio I might have someone who can get you a deal on it.......so you say you got your oil changed, could they have messed something up here? Cuz that could be a reason to get them to pay for the tranny/swap.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Level ten tranny with a stall converter in it......:biggrin: Thats what i want but to each to his own....

·
Registered
47 Posts
do you know where i can get a level ten and converter????

Email me @ [email protected] or instant message me on aol Fixitfox05

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
the cheapest way to go would be to just get another used atx off car-part.com they go from anywhere from 400-700 depending on miles if you do need to replace the tranny

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
MTX swap no question about it.

Level 10 is not worth the money. I personally have a local cougar owner who has a Level 10 ATX and I smoke him all day long. Even with him on the bottle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts