New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I need to buy a new set of 16's tires for one of my cougars. I really won't be driving it much probably gonna give it to my little sister. So I don't need anything expensive. I know reccomended tire size is 215-50-16 but what other sizes will fit? I want more options then comp T/A's and the tires don't have to be high performance tires, just something that will work adaquetly year round. thanks for any help.

edit:

Will a 205-55-16 work all right, and will it make much of a difference from the 215-50-16?

·
Registered
260 Posts
The selection of 215-50-16 tires at this time of year is a little limited, most tires of this size are high-performance, and right now all seasons and snows are the big sellers. The Kumho's are a great tire, but have almost zero snow traction. the also wear a bit fast (what do you expect for a $75 tire), but they do handle extremely well in dry and wet.

I've just ordered a set of BFG Traction T/A's, it won't be until at least thursday that I'll get them. They were $12/tire cheaper and are suppose to be better in the snow than the comp T/A's. Since I'm in Canada I was willing to sacrafice a bit of cornering for the ability to move in the snow.

I think Bridgestone and Falken also make tires that fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts