New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to mat the whole car by myself and wonder how I should do it. I believe applying the mat itself is not the difficult part and I should be able to do it without any problem. What I presume would be difficult is to remove all the stock parts to get to the place where I can apply the mat. Well I found how to's for removing the dash, center console, front/rear speakers and rear seats. Therefore I would need how to's for removing front seats, getting to the car roof and the inner firewall. As for the trunk, I believe I should be able to remove everything in there. The only part in the trunk which Iam not sure about is the huge plastic part at the very end of the car. All inputs are greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The huge plastic thing in back of the trunk is easily removed. Just make sure not to break (I broke one of mine doing a fix) the 2 screws that sit right on the horizontal edge (Btw I have a 2000). Its a washer screw type of assembly. Get a flat head screw driver ( I used a butter knife) and wedge the SCREW out of the Washer, looks something like (O). The O being the screw, then the washer somes right off. As for the rest of the plastic its all clip ons that surround it, just gently pull on it.... hope that helps least a little bit....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mangage to get my front seats out without any problems so that's done. Much easier than I thought. Did anyone apply deadening mats to the inner firewall? May I have pics of the install? Many thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.