New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Well i got my Cougar back from the shop yesterday and the sunroof worked fine. Today after school i get in my car and try to open my sunroof and i hear this grinding noise so i take it to the dealer. They determine that there is something wrong on the right track because the left side still moves. They said it would cost $1,300 to fix because they have to get a new sunroof, the assembly, and the motor. Of course my arents objected when they found out how much it was. My car is 2K miles out of waranty. Does anyone have a solution that i can fix it myself or get it done cheaper? Thanks in advance.
Peace Out

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If your car is under three years old, then bicth up a storm. 2k past the warranty is not a big deal, and if you are a big enough asshole you might be able to get it done under warranty.

I have seen it done before, good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in the same situation. My car goes to the dealer on Tuesday. I've posted about the sunroof not wanting to open/close correctly. No one has mentioned anything about an adjustment screw or anything of the sort..the thing kinda wants to work when it wants to...with summer coming up, i need it to work...

my '99 has 38K on it...and i am thinking about taking Fett's advice about going into COMPLETE ASSHOLE mode at the dealers to get it fixed. I had it at a Ford dealer, and they refused to work on it under warranty. I think i have a legitimate ***** here...

on a similar, related note..i've ordered touch-up paint from 3 dealers..all 3 have either a) forgotten to order it or b) never called me when i arrived. something so F'n simple....

after the recall issues are looked at, i'll be damned if my car sees a Ford garage again.

just my $0.02. thanks for reading my rant.

G

·
Honestly.. Fett's advice is the best advice for this kind of situation.. 2k miles is not a lot over warranty and most will honor it.

However, if you plan on going in and causing a scene.. if you have a good relationship with your dealership, find another one.. go to the other one, and try there.. If it doesn't work, then go to your normal one. You don't want to burn any bridges ya know..

Ian.. also just so you know.. if they are charging you $1300 .. they are ripping you off.. I called my dealership to find out how much it would cost.. to actually get a sunroof.. since mine didn't come with one.. they said to install on (parts and labor).. $750. And that is to cut holes in my car and run wires where they aren't.. on yours.. they have to takes out the old put in the new.. Something is wrong with that price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.