New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a 00 stang and the pats system is all [censored]ed up. it wont start. it will turn over but it wont actually fire. hes using the key hes had since he bought the car and he has never had a new key. his key is cracked in the housing so i think it may have fuct up the chip. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
rob

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ford Tech here, sorry to let you know that you will need to vist the ford dealer for this problem. We use a WDS to program the PATS system to a key. So no real fix at home really

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know we cant permanently fix it without taking it to a dealer but the thing is the dealer is making him pay for the tow there even tho they programmed the remote wrong or something like that. is there a way to get it to run just enough to get it to the dealer? what if we roll it and dump the clutch im not sure if that would work i doubt it but i figure its worth askin cause he cant afford a tow rite now. also could it be a fuse blown out or somethin? if a fuse where would i look to find the fuse and or the pats unit itself i know for the cougs its behind the glove box.
rob

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can't you just take the messed up key, up to the dealership and have it cut to a new chipped key. Then reprogram it to your car?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Just go to autozone and buy a DEI PATS defeater. IM ignernt about it. He has one, roughly $30. He has listed it in other threads about defeating PATS. It basically allows the car to be started without the chip in the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts