New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the "Bomz Racing" gauges (by the way my cougar is a 2001), and i cant get it over the fuel and temp needles. They will go over the tach and speedo. I think the round things around the needles are just too big. Does anyone have a 2001+ and gotten these on? If not, how do i get the fuel and temp needles off safely? Just pop them off?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
2001 or 2000 same thing.

Use a spoon to get your needles off. stick a spoon (yes a spoon as in a teaspoon) under the short end of the needles and push down. they'll pop right off. If youre trying to get the little black needle stops off.. then just pull those straight up. Worse case, use some needle nose pliers.

if you do remove your needles.. you'll have to recalibrate the gauges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up just taking off the fuel and temp needles. So now im gonna just get a full tank of fuel and recalibrate them. Im just glad that the gauge face fit over the tach and sppedo. I really didn't feel like recalibrating them all. Thanks for the info guys!

Im sure you have all seem them but ill post some pics later after i recalibrate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.