New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't have my Ford tech CD for now and I need to know how to change my fog light bulb on the driver side of my 99 coug..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If you look at the bottom grill, there is a little section that pops out right next to the fog light. Pop it out, and unscrew the foglight with a screwdriver. Unplug the harness from the car, and remove the entire headlight. There is a black rubber plug in the back of the light (may have tape over it). Pop out the rubber plug, and you'll see the bulb. There is a little spring clip over top of it, pull that open and pull out the bulb. Put your new bulb in (size H3), press the clip back down, put the rubber plug back in, hook the harness back up, and screw the foglight back into the car. Then just close the grill piece and you're done!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I bought a 893 replacement bulb to find out on the forum that's not the good one, damn ford.......

Thanks for the cue...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I think the manual says 893 or some other size, and I'm pretty sure we decided it was a typo. They don't even look like the same bulbs. The H3 is the one with the little wire hanging from it. You'll see what I mean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.