New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's antenna broke off of her 1999 Cougar. We bought a new antenna and base. The front of the headliner needs to come down to install the base of the antenna. We couldn't figure out how to remove the sunvisors. I used to be in the auto trim business up until a few years ago. I never dreamed I would run into a problem, but unbelievably I cannot figure out how to remove the sunvisors. Is there a new special tool...? Could somebody please help...? Thank you...!

--- Lori

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lori
I just reinstalled my headliner today. You really dont have to remove the headliner. If you have any type of dome light on the headliner you need to remove that to gain access to the antenna. Usually you should just pry the edge with a flthead screwdriver and the light assembly should pop out and you should be able to see the bolt for the antenna. If there is no such light assembly the clips for the visor should pop out easily. Just push the little square plug in. the plug is facing forward to the car and then pry from the rear. the visor swivels are a little more tricky the covers snap around the screws that hold them in so when you pry be careful. But if you have the light assembly then there should be no problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hollywood99
Thank you, thank you, thank you...! She does have a dome light. If she gets home early enough tonight, we will try again. We didn't even think about the antenna being right above the light. We started on the sunvisors first. When we couldn't get them out, we didn't even move on to the dome light. Again, thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Originally posted by: RevItUp
where did you buy it at and how much?
you can get both at your local ford dealer for pretty cheap...i think it was something like 5 bucks for the base (bezel), not sure about the actual antenna, though i wouldn't expect it to be much more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We bought it at the dealer. The base was $29.22 and the antenna was $9.82. The stud coming out of the base broke inside the antenna, so we had to buy both parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.