New Cougar Forum banner

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!

602 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  EricF 
#1 ·
i am trying to install my white face gauges i recently purchased. I have the entire dash apart and factory gauges(still in glass housing) out. I need to know how to get the needles off, or what i do about the needles. The are preventing me from finishing the job. THANKS

#4 ·
What has worked rather well for me in the past to remove those is to take 2 strips of metal, each about 3/8" or so wide and a couple inches long, and bend those into an "L" shape. Now simply slip the shorter parts under each side of the needle, and pop it right off. Saves a LOT of wear and tear on the fingers.

G
#6 ·
I got this off the indiglo gauge thread....
DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!!!! YOU WILL CAUSE YOUR GAUGES TO BE OUT OF CALIBRATION AND IT"S NOT FUN NOR CHEAP TO RESET THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Now that I'm done shouting...lol That's why they were designed - Not to remove the needles. You must TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! ~ If you hurry it would help to take the needles off, but you have been warned.

Wiring a problem? When you have the headlight switch out, you will see a Red with a Blue Stripe right under the tab for the release of the connector. That is the Parking Light output wire 12V. This is the wire you tap into for power. The ground can be hardwired or tapped into the Fog Lamp relay ground wire (Black).

Any other questions please ask me!

Doc

#7 ·
I never installed any indiglos.... but I have installed alot of white faced gauges... there is no way around not taking the needles off for those.. Indiglos may be different, but regardless - calibrating needles isn't all that hard... infact your stock needles are off by 3mph anyways - why not calibrate them correctly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.