New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my DSL working and I got all my computers in one room so the next step is putting in a router so I can share internet access. I got network cards and cat 5 cables but I need to get a 4 port router is that right? Mike or Jimmy?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Linksys broadband router with 8 port switch built in, perfect little device, you shouldn't even need any one else's help with it

·
Registered
635 Posts
yup...what Jimmy said: a linksys 4 or 8 port DSL/router...I think they're even starting to carry them at Best Buy....and I'm pretty sure you're can install it yourself, it's no harded than connnecting a computer to a LAN

·
Registered
972 Posts
Well, I just finished building a 1gig machine, plus my dual 600, and another pII 333, we can probably do a LAN party at my house sometime. Plus a couple of Laptops, and a couple of P1's, just not Command and Conquer(I love the game) It's a ***** to network

G

·
Sorry for my absence.
As for the LAN party I'm all for it. I have a 533 MHz with 192megs of RAM and Several games that I can easily make copies for everyone. Set a date and I'll try to make it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.