New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrong forum I know, but any info I get after I go to bed tonight will be useless anyway, and putting it in the problems forum would not get any answers in time...sorry.

This is what is happening. When I am driving in any gear, at any speed and slam down the gas my car feels like and sounds like it hops a few times like I am going over small bumps in the road. It only hops a few times, maybe three, but it feels like it is slipping. It is not the tires jumping because it happens in ever gear at any speed. If I were to try to explain it I would say that it feels just like my old RWD Celica did when my rear axle pumpkin broke down. Because the gears in the pumpkin were chipping teeth when I stomped on the gas it would slip a few teeth before catching, and the whole rear end would vibrate for a few seconds. That is what is happening now but obviously in the front.

I am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow morning, so I would like to go armed with some info because my dealer likes to try to argue.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it vibrates too violently to be an ignition or fuel problem.

You know those little baby speed bump groups that are on the side of the road to tell you when you are riding in the brake down lane? It feels like I am running over those.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would that cause it to only vibrate for a split second after hitting the gas though?

·
Registered
635 Posts
it sounds like a broken component....the mounts would be a good bet, you'd only hear the noise(s) when they get a shock load....something in the 1/2 shaft, FWB 'department' wouldn't surprise me either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.