New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered new slotted/drilled 278mm rotors for my 99 cougar. The build date is (6/30/99). When I talked to the dealer today they said that the '99 up until 10/1/99 came with 260mm rotors!? They also said that the XR7 is the only cougar listed with 278mm rotors... I always thought the 2.5L V6 Cougars always came with 278 and that the I4's came with the 260's!?

Is this dealer smokin some crazy sh*t or is this really how it is?

I need a response asap, I am going to order my calipers and I have no idea what I need to buy now! I also don't know if I even have the correct rotors for this car!?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool. I read the FAQ but I didn't know how to determine if it was a sport package or not. Someone should add that to the FAQ!

LOL, this dealer told me that there were 12 different kind of calipers and 4 different kind of front rotors!! They said there was a different one for each production date, regular vs XR7, I4 vs V6, and a whole bunch of other weird sh*t!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.