New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from anyone in Columbus (linkman?)

My dad came down and gave me a hand. Job went smooth only took about 1.5 hours for two new rotors and brake pads.

Here is something odd. Hondas use two small phillups screws to hold their rotors flush on the car before you put the tire on. Well of course they drilled the holes wrong on one of her rotors... so now we have extra parts. I am not too worried since I have never seen anything like it before.

Thanks for all your support!

Total cost of project $90 ... total estimated cost from car shops $900

Tony

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
RE:Need help from anyone in Columbus (linkman?)

i might be able to hook you up at my place. what day and time are you looking at? i live in westerville, so its pretty close. and dont worry, no beer needed.

and tool wise, i have sockets, a few torx bits (one of my really good friend's dad has like any tool you need and hes like 10 min away at most), and most other regular everyday tools.

just let me know what day and time if you wanna come here.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Saturday or Sunday would be great. Yeah Westerville would be great! What time are you free on Saturday?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

umm, lets see, i have tennis from 2:30 to 4:30, and a party that night. so if you wanted to come anytime before 2:30, it should be ok. ill double check with my folks to make sure though.

·
5,273 Posts

Hey Tony,

Sorry to take so long to answer but I didn't know if I'd be home Saturday or not, and I know I won't be home on Sunday.

And thanks Aaron for stepping up like that :thumbsup:

So Tony, if you and Aaron can't make a schedule connection, my garage is open to you on Saturday. (Aaron's will give you more room to move, but you should have enough room for brake work if I park the beater on the street, and put the Cougar in the driveway.) It's not heated, but it's dry and out of the wind.

I've got a jack, stands, wheel chocks, a creeper, and basic hand tools (1/4 and 3/8 metric and standard sockets, wrenches, a 1/2 inch drive torque wrench, screwdrivers, nutdrivers, Allen wrenches, etc.) so let me know if you need specific sizes and I can check if I've already got them. I've got WD-40 but you'll need your own PB blaster or anti-sieze stuff if required. *edit* I've got a 2 or 3 Torx screwdrivers, and some Torx bits for a drill/power screwdriver that are Black & Decker, so they might work for you */edit*

PM me if you need to come over for the address, phone number, and arrange a time, etc. etc. Right now anytime on Saturday is good, but I'm out for Saturday dinner, so try to wrap it up by then, 'k? ;)

BTW, beer not required, but if it's involved, no aluminum cans! ;)

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
RE: Need help from anyone in Columbus (linkman?)

I'll donate my garage as well, Tony. If you can't get with anyone else, let me know. I have no idea if or when I'll be home, so I'm not much help...but give me a shot if you need to!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

my rents are cool with it. we have our annual holiday church choir practice at my hosue that morning (my mom is in the choir), and they come around 8:30 and 9:00, and stay untill noon. but, we are going to keep the driveway clear, so your more than welcome to come and use our garage. my friend who's dad has about every tool in his garage and i are haning out that day, so he could bring any tools i dont already have here if you need them. so i dont know how long you would need the garage for, but its open for you if you would like from about 11:00 untill 2:30. so if you need more time than that, you might want to hit up one of the other places offered. but just let me know if you need directions or anything.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

WOW thanks everyone!

But here is the scoop. I completely forgot to ask Angies brother cause he live really close to where her car is parked. He said he might be able to clear some room for it. So if he does I wont need to bother anyone. Her car is nearly undriveable because of the caliper/rotor problem. So the less distance I need to move it the better.

Hopefully her bro will pull through but if not I will post on friday.

Tony

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

sounds good. good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts