New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my graphics for my coug on corel draw, and some guy from on here needs it in photoshop layers format. anyone know how to move layers from corel draw into photoshop?? i tried copy/pasting layers but the clarity sucks and i get a white box around the whole thing.

·
Administrator
11,561 Posts
You should be able to just "Save As" to an Adobe file format like a EPS or AI format. Use the "Open As" option in Photoshop to import other formats as a PSD.

Another way would be to separate all the graphics so they are surrounded by white. Then save it as a tif or high quality jpeg. When the person opens it in PS he can then just use the Magic Wand to select only the graphics.

Saving it as an EPS is your best bet because any vinyl shop should be able to read it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant save it as an EPS in Corel Draw. here's my list of choices...

and none of these are Photoshop compatible formats, so i dont know if there is some sort of converting software or what.

or is my only possibility to just copy/paste them over and get rid of the white?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Damn that must be an old version corel.
Try WMF then open in Illustrator....wait do you have Illustrator?
probably not if you were using corel

Or SVG can also be used in Illustrator
I haven't used Corel in awhile can you export to a different file extension

good luck
Edit: that's weird I worked with Corel 10 and I was always able to
save files into AI or EPS format

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is Corel Draw 10. i dont know what the deal is, i'll mess around with it a little more or else i'll just email it to js.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i just figured that out, exported it to an eps. but i lost my layers, is there a way i can keep the separate layers?

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
Save each layer as a separate EPS file, and export each one. Then open each one with Photoshop, and drag them onto one document.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts