New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems clutch problem on my cougar.
My car has 11000 miles on it and I love it to death, but lately is been a pain in the @$$ due to tranny problem. Dealer repalce one tranny already and got busted took the damm car back. They will not repair my car under warranty "cause I race" (with this michigan weather yea o'right!)I called ford and they said the same old.

I contact Terry Haines (well respected engineer from CEG) He is doing a investigation why my trannies are failing.

Well after some days I decide to put a used tranny but I did not replace the clutch 'cause is only 11000 miles. Later on the clutch starts to fade and what not, so I called a machanic I told me that my car needs a new clutch but he want 500 for the installation.

My question is how much should I pay for intallation?

I got a quoete from SP motor sports on a UR clutch and Sho shop fly wheel for 850 shipped
What other options do I have?

G

·
Damn sounds like you drive your car hard as hell. I thought I was hard on my car. $500 sounds reasonable to me, but I haven't gone around and gotten any prices myself. All I know is when I was looking at getting a contour I was told by the dealership that total clutch replacement was $2200. That is a dealership price though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.