Amp Specs:
RCA Output
Low Pass Only
2 Ohm Load 500 w x 1
4 Ohm Load 250 w x 1
Dynamic Power 14.4 VDC
2 Ohm Load 800 w x 1
4 Ohm Load 400 w x 1

if i have a dual voice coil 4 ohm sub....and 2 of them...how much power per channel will i be running...and how do i wire them to run 2 ohms

G

·
You can't get a mono 2 ohm load out of 2 DVC 4 ohm subwoofers. The best you can hope for (with your combination of amplifier & subwoofers) is a mono 4 ohm load. Here's why: series connections=add the imedances of the voice coils, but parallel connections=inverse of the sum of the inverse impedances. Series example: DVC 4 ohm subwoofer (4 ohm + 4 ohm = 8 ohm on one subwoofer). Parallel example: Two DVC 4 ohm subwoofers with their voice coils already wired in series (8 ohms each) is 1/(1/8 + 1/8) = 1/( 2/8 ) = 1/( 1/4 ) = 4 ohms.

BTW, in answer to your first question, your amplifier appears to be a MONO or SINGLE CHANNEL amplifier, therefore all of your power is running through ONE channel, i.e. 250 watts PER CHANNEL into a 4 ohm load or 500 watts PER CHANNEL into a 2 ohm load.

Based on that, your subwoofers will receive a total of 250 watts or 125 watts/each.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I will just through my thought out, just b/c you have DVC subs don't mean you have to use both sides of the sub . Just use one side and run it parallel with the other sub>< wouldn't that give you your 2 ohm load. 500 watts or 250 a sub. And I thought the whole point of DVC was to make a more versatile sub and setup. i.e. 1 sub that runs at 2 ohms by itself. I could be completely off course but I don't think I am.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i would be better off just getting the SVC subs?

G

·
If you already have the amplifier, then yes -- you're better off getting ONE DVC subwoofer or TWO SVC subwoofers in order to achieve your desired 2 ohm load.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts