New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I'm no guru, but let me give it a shot anyway...

-If your car is a late 99, or later, you already have an SVT LIM.
-I have heard very mixed reviews on Pro-Flow MAF... stuff like "lots of CEL's, with no power gain"

Hmmm... scratch my first comment.. you wrote you have an early return-style 99, likely not with the SVT LIM then.

Massiv.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Charles, I gave you a answer in the other thread.

Edit: If you need anything else on this topic, hit me up man. I think i have the answers you would need.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I have all these parts except for the MAF in my basement waiting for install. Actually I've had them for quite some time now. I haven't installed them in because I am concerned about 19lb injector/MAF issues. This is where a lot of people have had difficulties with the aftermarket MAF trying to utilize the 19lb injector even if they are calibrated and throwing in a CEL. My recommendation would be to install the 19lb injectors on the car without the aftermarket MAF and see how it performs. If a CEL comes on, check to find out the cause and if need be then purchase the MAF, perhaps with the optimiser so if need be you can tune your MAF more.

Someone else more qualified (i.e. Dan G ;) ) can probably correct me or add to my statement.

Hope I can help.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
MAF/injector upgrades are not necessary and not recommend unless you're running a highly modified 2.5L (i.e. Forced Induction, P&P, etc). Too many problems can result from incorrect MAF calibration, injector harness mismatch (if you're not careful), even as bad as the engine not being able to stay at idle... Too many variables. Injectors would be recommended if you do an SVT ECU swap-out, but that brings up cam and PATS issues as well as injector mismatch... Better off tuning with an S-AFC or E-Manage.

I personally am running a stock MAF with my hybrid, and 19# injectors because of the added displacement, and because the SVT ECU in my car is expecting them. I will not upgrade my MAF, for it's not necessary. The SVT LIM? Go for it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the very valuable information!
(I posted in FS reflecting your comments.)
:)
~CIII

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
Why not pick up a 3L lower intake manifold for $30 from Brad Noon and find a set of 19lb injectors for cheap if you want them? The 3L lower larger and cheaper and will bolt up. I'm not sure if any porting on the head will be needed to match them up though, don't want it to be larger than the head ports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts