New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slade went and picked up the game today and it's pretty amazing. (Final Fantasy X-2 wasn't available) He's letting me borrow it while he's at work. It's one of the most realistic racing games I've ever played, besides GT3 but that's in it's own class. But the exhaust sounds are great. Although my Civic doesn't have a turbo, you could still hear a blowoff valve. Even the soundtrack is really good. You get do do drift tracks and drag race. You can get tons of graphics and bodykits. I would suggest going out and getting it if you feel like spending $50.00. Just thought I'd share :)

·
5,303 Posts
Although my Civic doesn't have a turbo, you could still hear a blowoff valve.
That would be a bug in the code.

Can't have blowoff sounds without a blowoff valve, and you ain't got the turbo... unless you checked the Ricer Sounds box when customizing your car? ;)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow. How did you find that? And they still want almost $200?

Mark - it's a video game. I don't know why it sounds that way. It's probably just the shifter shifting. I bought a Turbonetics turbo and you can hear the difference. It was only $1000. And Brembo brakes for only $500 or something.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think I would do it if it were like 30 bills.....just to freak out some of the people I raced :evil: I'm all about doing funny stuff during/before races.....like when we start throwing it in reverse, next plan is flames from the tail pipe..........of course it's only funny if they have no idea you're doing it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Played the demo. I honestly think I m buying a PS2 and this game just to install in my car. But my questing how easy do you think ited be to take the PS2 out? All I need is an invertor right?? Someone get with me on this so I can decide if this is what I wanna do(audio/video) for my winter mod.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
When is FFX 2 coming out!

Here are the games that I want hella bad

FFX 2
Castlevania
True Crime
Project Gothem 2
Rainbow Six 3

Probably others.

·
5,303 Posts
But my questing how easy do you think ited be to take the PS2 out? All I need is an invertor right??
Question one -- I have no clue. Go slow, and wear your ground strap.
Question Two -- Yep, I believe that's all you'll need...

What kind of graphic output does it have? Can you hook it directly to an LCD monitor, or do you need a TV tuner? I assume it's got monitor style line level outputs, but you will want to check that.

Can you tell I don't do console gaming at all? Not that I play much, but when I do it's on the computer.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony - FFX-2 is out as of yesterday (Tuesday). They were only taking the people who had pre-bought it when Slade went. And True Crime will be sweet. It's always rented at the video store or I'd tell you how it is.

Madcat - I'm thinking Slade's car is getting a PS2 and screen. I don't know when though. Maybe you two can hook up and do that together. Awwwww :) He's glued to NFS Underground now!

G

·
Yea i went out and bought need for speed underground and final fantasy x-2 on tuesday i had them reserved.

i havent been able to put need for speed down its too much fun customizing cars and racing around.

but as for final fantasy so far its not too good the begining is like charlies angels on crack and it hasnt gotten any better yet i think its gonna be a dissapointment

im glad gran turismo 4 is coming in january

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I unlocked the '03 Tiburon and I love it. I have all the Level 1 customazation done so I can't go any further. I even missed a brand new South Park last nite to play so it must be that good.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Diane, if I ever hear that you missed a NEW SouthPark again, the stamp will be wayyyy more severe. Actually it ll probably leave a mark. And the "nut ride" you will receive next time will not be smooth and gentle, SOUTH PARK comes first! Even though that game is badass, the end result is always SouthPark.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:rofl:
I don't think I've ever had a "smooth and gentle" nut ride. But I just figured South Park would be on at least 3x this weekend so I could watch it then. I'm sorry. Besides I got a few rides last weekend. I think I'm good for a while.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
HOLY CRAP! rlh134- that is EXACTLY what I told Diane last night when I played FFX-2!! That whole opening scene is totally charlies angels! Took me an hour or so to figure out the battle system and I am sure I have more to learn but it seems ok...well, actually it initially appears to be a game for teenage girls...but I trust it will get better. I freaking hope so anyway. If Square just popped out a crappy game to make money off the amazingness of FF-X then I am gonna be really upset.

Ya know something else about it? You'll notice the game has a "teen" rating for "suggestive themes" and "violence"...yeah, like the up the skirt panty shots in the opening scene?! I am disturbed by visions of dorky programmers sitting in the office dreaming of a naked Yuna or Rikku or something and then programming in codes to play the game with naked characters...Diane thought I was a perv till she saw what I meant. Then there is the closeup of Rikku's cleavage...funny. Damn perv programmers.

NFS-underground is really fun and I pretty much HATE all racing games that are not gran turismo. I would change some things but still its fun. Besides, I can live my secret closet dream of having a yellow civic with Naaaaaaaawz.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Slade, I miss you buddy. I m gonna go out and buy this game this weekend and a PS2. Well technically I think moms and pops are gonna get it for me cuz I figure I need it. And well it ll make me study more and do more homework.

Hope you got your yellow civic ;)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seriously, X-2 is for all those boys/men who fantasize about seeing Yuna, Rikku, or Lulu naked. I mean I know they're pretty hot for video game chicks, but that's all they are. And Yuna's panty shot in the very beginning...whatever. But you really have to be looking for it so don't ask me how Slade noticed it. Lots of cleavage too.

Originally posted by: Madcat
Diane, if I ever hear that you missed a NEW SouthPark again, the stamp will be wayyyy more severe. Actually it ll probably leave a mark. And the "nut ride" you will receive next time will not be smooth and gentle, SOUTH PARK comes first! Even though that game is badass, the end result is always SouthPark.
You would be so proud.....
Last nite was a South Park Marathon (4 episodes hardly constitutes a marathon). But The Lord of the Rings episode was on - Classic. So we're doing some "stuff" and we have to stop to watch South Park!! :disgust: John, you've taught your boy well. I told him I'm so posting this cuz you reprimanded me about playing PS2 over watching South Park.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts