New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a Automatic 99' ATX Cougar :disgust:

I love my cougar but I find this ATX system to be quite a handy cap when it comes to my 0-2-60 time and what not. I know it's a automatic so I can't ask for too much but is there any way I can tap into the potential I like to believe my engine contains when it comes to acceleration, quickness and speed without a full $3000 trans swap or a suicidal engine modification that would harm my cougars expected lifetime?

A racing chip perhaps?
I'm open to all opinions.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
You have a whopping 120 wheel horsepower in stock form. There's really not much potential to "tap in to", short of buying nitrous and spraying, though that would require a chip and tune.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
..Auggghhh..

Didn't mean to delete to delete that last post but oh well, came to a pretty quick conclusion regardless.
Hate to give up within 10mins of the original post but I was pretty confident I knew that answer when I posted it.

Anyone that has a opinion or suggestion and the opposite direction of failure don't hesitate to contribute but if not, thanks guys for the help.

Also: Don't rub it in if you already agree with the previous posts.. ya buncha meanies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts