New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, for those of you who attended the sunday meet at The Speed Shop have seen my car in its current state (which by the way went really well, thanks everyone! We will definatly be able to do it again sometime. Sorry about not being able to use the hoist.. P.O.S. foci) The only difference is that now it has no seats, carpet and a few other little things removed.

Now I am completely stuck on what to do with the interior. I know that I am going to be keeping the dash, and re-using most of the center console. I just have no idea on what to do with the rest of the interior. Should I just paint the inside of the car as well and run few/no trim pannels, and carpeting? Or should I re-make in some way whatever cant be used so the car looks (minus the obveous) as "normal" as possible? I plan on having some sort of sterio setup but light weight and ease of removal will be a key factor.

Basically Im stuck now. I know there is no way I can re-use the door and rear quarter interior trim and will have to make something but other than that im all out of ideas... any sugjestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The coug will be for cruising/show next year (thats the plan anyway). After I get the thing payed off after next summer its hopefully gonna be an auto-X car. That way if it gets destroyed I dont have payments on scrap if i tank the thing. And now that i will soon have in my possesion a nice, spare 2.5 to build up the fun can start.

I like the idea of nice plain interior pannels. Maybe covered in CF and "attached" to the car with polished fastners kind of ripping off how the brits do some of their cars with exposed bolts, etc. Heck, maybe I should try and make a mold of the factory dash. Dunno if it will turn out but its worth a shot I guess, as long as its out of the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.