New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just won the bidding for an Injen Intake off Ebay. I am going to obviously clean it up and clean the filter with the K&N stuff.

My question though is :

Is everything I need to install this system appear to be there in the picture? If not, what else do I need and where can I get it?

Thanks everybody!!!

Oh Yeah, here's the Link

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I would throw in some small hose clamps too. The chrome finish with the silicone hose can be a slippery connection. You will probably need a large hose clamp to connect the intake to the throttle body.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if I can get these things from a parts store or are they "injen" specific?

Also, on the clamps, what size am I looking for?

Thanks for all your help so far!

I found some Hoses on Injen's site. Which one may go with my car?

Injen's Hoses

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You don't need to order them from Injen... You can get the silicone hoses at a hardware store, or an auto store if you want them to be colored. The hose clamps and coupler can be found at a hardware store too. The coupler is a 3" / 3", and you can find it in the plumbing section. It is going to be black if you get it at the hardware store though... Personally, I prefer the black color anyways... The hose clamps that you need are: 3" to replace the missing ones for the intake, and 1" ones for the silicone tubing. You should be able to get them all for like $10.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ya' all!

Hopefully I will get things in gear this week and receive the intake by this upcoming weekend.

Again, thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts