New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Months ago I got the idea to add my signature "R" to the back of my Cougar for my name. Figuring it would be something no one else would have (or even really want). So anyway, I put an order through for a chrome "R" to be made from my design and I should have it early in June.

My problem is that I just recently heard of "Type R" Ricers. So could I get a few opinions on whether or not the attached picture of what it is going to look like will make my car seem like I'm trying to imitate a "Type R."

Here's the preview of what its going to look like

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well damn... already ordered and paid for it. Oh well. I just wanted it because of my Name. I didn't even know about "Type R" until tonight, and don't even know what it is.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Background on the R:

The most famous "upgraded" compact car is the Integra Type-R. A lot of Civic owners started putting the R badge on their car for reasons unknown to most intelligent people. This trend has gone on to the point of people with Geo's and other bottom level cars putting the same R on their car. Weapon R also uses a simular R and that is why some people like to add it. It's like painting something yellow, for some reason people tend to think that the color yellow will make the car faster.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay fine. I got the point... "Cougar R" is bad and not what I meant it to be. But I've already ordered it... So here are some other options - I thought of the rear-view mirror option, but my other thought was to place it on the drivers side rear window in the front bottom corner where the glass is black (where the "Special Edition" badge is on some Cougars). That wouldn't be dorky would it? It would then simply be my initial by my driver's door.

PS: Thanks everyone for their opinions though. I still appreciate it.

G

·
A tip, so the money doesn't go to waste... if you place the R say directly under the Mercury badge, or in the center of the back not around anything it would stand more for your name and not look like Type-R. my .02

G

·
well, my opinion would be to not put it anywhere on the paint of your car. I would look into just putting it maybe in one of the bottom corners of your back window, or maybe in the middle at the very top or your back window, or you could even put it somewhere on your front windshield, just not on the paint (you would be labeled as "ricer" sorry to say)

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I like those ideas. I think I'll most likely put it on the glass on my back side window in the corner. At least if it totally looks bad, I can always take it off the glass easier than the paint. Also, there will be room to add the rest of my name "eagan" if I need to.

Just so everyone knows, though, I have (and had) no intentions of looking like a ricer - I wouldn't do that to my poor Cougar!

Thanks again - just glad I found out there was such a thing as a "Type R" before I did this!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
How about removing the last R in Cougar and replacing it with your R ?

G

·
Geez... Who cares if it looks like a type R. The japanese make good cars (especially the Integra type R). Just put it on and don't worry about what other people think. Do other people pay for it? NO! Screw them

G

·
I'm with Raymond, who cares? Do what you want. My opinion though if you don't put it on the back I would say put it on the window where the 2001 C2 is, that would be alright.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome, thanks guy. I was a little on the border about doing it anyway, so that's why I asked for opinions. Otherwise, I would have never thought to ask. I was a little worried about putting it after the "Cougar" on the back anyway since it may not match perfectly. I am most likely going to put it on the side window where the ZN/C2/Special Edition goes because I don't think that will look like an imitated Type R at all and I think it will look good.

Thanks again everyone for you opinions.

G

·
What about replacing the Mercury badge with the R? I think that would look very nice and would disguise the fact that your car is made by such a crappy company

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.