New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
radiator flush

i want 2 do a full radiator flush, is there any how to with pics? because im a complete noob and these how to with no pics just boggle me. While im at it, does anyone also have an alternator how to with pics? because i dont trust anyshop doing this for me.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
omg, i think i really really need to do a radiator flush, im so stupid. Well the coolant resevoir i always thought was the engine oil resevoir!?! I was looking thru the manual and noticed it was the coolant resovior tank, and was like oh my, because the fluid in there looks just like oil, its brown, and very thick in consistency, smells horrible, very nasty looking, so i will be on this very soon, thanks again! BTW what color antifreeze is optimal?

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Cougars came with ORANGE coolant.

So Orange is optimal, unless you decide to change to green..

Keep in mind that if you decide to change you must get all, yes all of the old coolant out..
they don't mix, and it would cause problems.

THE CEG site has a nice how to also and they install a flush kit which helps speed the process along...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just did it today, and what a mess!! Antifreeze and water all over the driveway, bucket only caught half of the stuff because it poured out all over the place. Took me around 2 1/2 hours because ive never done this before, but next time i could definately do it in around 1/2 the time. Thanks all for helping me.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I recently bought this stuff from Prestone..some kind of coolant that mixes with any color coolant. Now, I need to drain my radiator to fix a hose, but I can't fill the entire coolant tank with this stuff can I? I need to buy the orange coolant first?

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.