New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail from ptuning.com (I bought my Injen from them last summer) telling me that the Freedom Design FSB is on sale. So I checked it out and bought one as a b-day gift to myself :), 'cause I'll never get car parts for Christmas :(

Anyway, it's on sale for $75 (regularly $89.95 I think), shipping is FREE, and if you use the discount code 'ptnecoclub', it's another 5% off... so a brand new Freedom Design FSB shipped to your door for $71.25

Enjoy :)

*edit 5:25 PM Friday *
AUGH!!! Opened up my FSB and the parts bag is short! Supposed to be six (6) bolts, six (6) washers, and six (6) inserts... but they only put FOUR (4) inserts in the bag! :( :cry:

Does anyone know if I can get inserts anyplace else, or do I have to wait for the manufacturer to ship me some?

::sigh:: Par for the course... again.
*/edit*

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I saw a thread exactly like this in the suspension forums. Then i promptly jumped on the deal and bought myself one. Too bad the discount isn't bigger, but money off is money off, so i'm happy none the less.

·
Registered
674 Posts
damn, I'm definetly gonna be able to pull around a G laterally after these swaybars and STB.........now if I only kept that G-Tech.

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bexcat,
It's a polished aluminum bar with red mounting points. You can see a pic of it here at ptuning.com which is the information page for it, or I could directly link the image from the ptuning.com in-line here for the lazy ;)

Andy (bennett9000) has one on his Cougar, I looked at it at the mod meet and thought it would look a little better in LaserRed than the OMP... and I'd only have to paint the mount points instead of the whole bar to color match it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
hold my previous thought.....that's only a rear swaybar......nuts. I want both front and rear. O well looks like I'll be stuck with slightly less than a G.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Johnny, that is a Front Strut Bar. I m not sure if thats what you meant. The bar in the picture goes from strut tower to strut tower. The rear strut bar choices are basically Used Fastrack(what I have because I can still use my whole trunk, but not as effective), the ST200(Slade, Brian, and some others, and totally badass), and the Roush rear bar(basically the same as the Fastrack), and lastly there was what NorCal had sold, I forget but it was just a beefy Fastrack or Roush.

Check out James site to get a rear, or WTB or For Sale.....

Im not sure if you knew all that or not, and just was bored so I posted lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was referring to the Sway bars featured in the other post in suspension. They are also on the site.....the pictures shows a front and rear sway bar, but they only make/sell the rear. I was planning on making a large purchase of 2 sway bars, and a FSTB but now I'm just gonna get the FSTB because there's a better price for just the rear sway bar :cry:

Just some added information for you suspension guys.....a full sway bar upgrade is the 2nd largest improvement you can make in handling....first is obiously a full suspension upgrade ;)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,717 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Woo-hoo!
Mine just arrived!

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And UPS says....

Mine is arriving tomorrow. It left Skankow ??? PA this morning at 9:20 AM. HooRah :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Oh boy.. the joy of having money!...
sadly this pay goes to pay off school and a chunk of my car...

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And UPS says...

Delivered! Supposedly at 2:53 PM. Now I can't wait to go home! :tongue:

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AUGH!!! Opened up my FSB and the parts bag is short! Supposed to be six (6) bolts, six (6) washers, and six (6) inserts... but they only put FOUR (4) inserts in the bag!

Does anyone know if I can get inserts anyplace else, or do I have to wait for the manufacturer to ship me some? :( :cry:

::sigh:: Par for the course... again.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
You made me think of checking my stuff too. I have all the bolts and washers, but they only gave me 5 inserts. The did give me a second insert tool. It's a little late now, but i think tommorrow i'm going to try to call the phone number printed at the bottom of the instructions and see if i can get that missing part.

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Brian, any luck calling?

I was going to call ptuning.com, but it says the hours are only M-F, so I haven't tried yet. I did send an e-mail to the sales and info addresses though. I'll give them a call on Monday too. Looked at Home Depot last night for those inserts, and didn't see any, so I don't know if I could find some at a better hardware department, or if I would need to go to a good auto parts store. I'll wait till I here from ptuning.com... might have to go through Freedom Design directly... yuck.

Good luck dude.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Nope, no luck. They were closed as well. I ended up just sending them an email to ask that they send me the missing parts.

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brian,
if you don't get an answer from FreedomDesign real soon, then get in touch with Ptuning.com.
I e-mailed them Saturday morning, and I just got a reply a little while ago...

>
>We apologize on behalf of Freedom Design for these missing items. We will
>send you the two missing sets of inserts w/ nuts.
>
>Please contact us if you have any further questions.
>

Sounds like good customer service :) so far ::crosses fingers::

·
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, good customer service so far... just got this from ptuning.com this morning...

>>Dear Mark,
>>
>>Instead of waiting for these missing items to ship to us from Freedom Design
>>and then shipping it to you, we had these missing items shipped directly
>>from Freedom Design. Hope this will help save you some time.
>>

So hopefully next week! I'd say the weekend, but since Thanksgiving is in there, prolly not.
:) Mark is happier now :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Brian isn't sure he's happy yet...
I got a message from FD yesterday that says:
Brain,

Please describe what and what quantity of hardware you DID receive. Thank you.
So i sent them a list of what i received.
Hmmmm, i just noticed their spelling error...:slap:

Then i get this message today:
Brian,

The tools themselves have a insert (silver). Being that you were supplied two tools and 4 inserts, this would make it so that you have a total of 6 inserts.
Those silver inserts that came on the tools don't have much knurled on the side, so i'm not 100% sure they are going to work just as good. We'll see once i install it, i guess. I've already had my buddy paint the brackets white and i just finished centering and adjusting it and got the holes marked and drilled to 1/8". But ran out of time and need to get to bed so i can get some sleep before i have to be to school tonight. So i'll finish up tommorrow providing there's dry weather. The cold won't bother me once i get going. So that's not a concern to me. I guess i'll be satisfied if those extra inserts hold up.
At least they spelled my name right this time...

Why does everybody have to say my name wrong...brent...brett...brain...:ugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts