New Cougar Forum banner

NECO Poster: Ford photo will be used. Updates to follow

2K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  JScullin 
#1 ·
Photo mosaic poster in the works. Need your photos!

I plan on getting underway with the 3x2' poster which will be a photo of a Cougar (determined by vote) made up of hundreds of submitted photos like so:

Since each photo will be fairly small the size of the submitted image won't need to be large. So almost any photo will be accepted & used. Even night & dark shots for shadows in the mosaic image. The more photos submitted the better the image will look & the less chance of finding repeats. As an example, the picture above was only done using about 100 or so images. But it's made up of over 500 squares so there are many repeates.

This is just an annoucement that hopefully soon we'll start collecting images. And to give you time to wash off the car, get them ready for Spring and find a warm day since a lot of states (including mine) still have snow on the ground and will probably see another storm come March.

DO NOT PM, IM OR EMAIL ME YOUR PHOTOS OR ASK WHEN/WHERE TO SEND THEM. THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUCEMENT FOR THAT WHEN THE TIME COMES. If you do, I'll just ignore or delete them.

When it's completed maybe we'll raffle off a nice framed version.

See less See more
#6 ·
RE:photo mosaic poster in the works. Need your photos!

I think you should use a stock looking cougar so you can easily tell its a cougar , I don't care if its a another member's car ....however I think you should choose a differnent pic , one that has more going on in the background.....that way the program will pick less repeats I would think.....

sounds like a cool idea, and there plenty of good pics around already....do they have to be submitted in a specific size/ratio? ...I would think that the size could be 640x480 and still look good?

#7 ·
RE: Photo mosaic poster in the works. Need your photos!

i think maybe a good picture of the cougar "S"?? maybe?

i just dont think it should be a members car... i just dont agree with it for some reason, but thats just me

maybe a picture like one of these :shrug:

<--if it was bigger

#8 ·

that last pic that matt posted is the hotness:thumbsup:

#9 ·

Originally posted by: Stewy
I think a Ford Cougar would be better because from far it will look like a normal factory car but when you look closer it will be made of modded cougars.
Yeah I like that idea as well :thumbsup:

#15 ·

Originally posted by: ND4SPD
something like this maybe?

That's awesome. Def. fords pic of a cougar. Just one person's coug isn't fair, and I also agree it should look stock.

#17 ·

I think that there should be a vote on this site or at cougarfest (even though I have never been to one...yet) and If possible make with cougarfest pictures.

Since most of the people who come to the site come to change there cougar in some way...I don't understand the pupose of putting a stock picture (sort of defeats the purpose of this site).

Simply put, I value the opinions in these forums, but I believe that the person voted as the best car by this site or at cougarfest should have their car pictured as almost a prize, and a compliment from those who appreciated the efforts made by that person to make his/her car unique.

Just my opinion,
Brian

#18 ·

it should be stock, or at most, a picture of the eliminator...not wild crazy pics where you can't even tell its a cougar...a cougar logo on it would be cool too...

#19 ·

A stock Cougar comprised of many photos of modified Cougars would reflect what this site is about. What every car is underneath. Having a modified Cougar (along w/a background) would kinda make the photo hard to make out. Unless it's something I can easily pull out & place on a white background.

#24 ·

I haven't had much to show artisticly for quite some time. Just nothing "big" like I used to do before & just out of college. So I like to take on these kinds of projects to see if I can do it. I love car posters & wondered how I'd make a poster for the car I like.

If money was no issue these would be lithograph posters. But we'll have to settle for your basic poster print.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.