New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I currently have rockford fosgate dual 10" subs in the back with a 900 wt amp. I don't want them anymore, When I said I was going to re-do my hole car I wasn't kidding. Cosmetics is currently done and settled on it just needs to go to the bod shop, all lighting arrangements have been made. Now, I need a fantastic stereo under 1grand if possible. Help me out please...I want a stereo that will get people to my car to hear it. I'm thinking of going all Kicker possibly.

I'm open to all sorts of opnions....

Guide me in the right direction NECO!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
1000 and all Kicker- Unless you find the products at wholesale cost, then the allowed spending wont get as much as 2 amps and 1 or 2 subs. Then enclosure design will eat up cost quite a bit. Do you plan on a free form enclosure out of fiberglass, or something removable out of a simple MDF standard enclosure? And are you wanting to upgrade all the loud speakers and receiver as well?
There are good deals online, and since christmas is not too far off, most shops will put up this years products on sale for good prices. Ideas are unlimited, new ideas are brought up everyday, first help us narrow it down and we can then tell you what is needed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All interior speakers are shot. Done deal. Gone bye bye. Trunk set up I already have...you can see pictures of it in the video picture section. That is being done. I have a brand new pionner head unit that I love and I am not getting rid of. I want an amp for the interior speakers and tweeters. It doens't have to be all kicker. It can be either Audiobahn, eclipse...Polk. I want very respectable brand names in the cougar.

Hope that helps some. I know people in all sorts of stores that I can prolly get some discounts off of...and yes I am taking extreme advantage of them having sales during the holiday season. O a shopping spree I am going on.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Find out if your friends get the stuff at wholesale, or if they just get a discount. If they get it at wholesale and are willing to pass the savings on to you - you are a lucky guy... Car audio is marked up quite a bit. Wholesale on speakers is roughly 1/2 price, sometimes less. Also, as an employee accomodation for their distributors, kicker will let you order factory direct at a price even cheaper than wholesale if you are willing to wait a little while for your stuff. Almost any company will do this - you just have to have your friend check with the rep. (If someone is willing to give you their discount, of course.) I used to work at a retailer and I got unbelievable deals on audio systems through all kinds of vendors. Too bad it's against company policy to give the discount to ex-employees.

:evil: I still know many people there though. Somehow I never tend to pay more than wholesale + lunch. :evil:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My ultimate suggestion is to find a local audio shop (not Best Buy, Circuit City dept stores)
Go there and ask them what you are looking for (Sound quality, SPL, a bit of both) dont tell them how much you want to spend.

When they show you everything and you have listened to them (bring your cds to test out the stuff)
then tell them you will think about it

Then do some research on the net to find cheaper prices,if you do then tell the audio shop if they can beat that
In most cases if you buy a package deal (amps, speakers, HU, subs) they will def give you a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts