New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night:
1st race: 99 Extreme (ATX), beat it by 2 cars.
2nd race: 00 Alero(ATX), lost by about 1.5 cars
3rd race: an idiot in a old school wagon, beat him by about 5 cars
4th race: riced out civic 99-00 MTX),(sry, but it was really really ricey) beat him by about 1.5 cars
5th race: 01 Eclipse Spider(MTX),lost by about 2 cars
6th race: 99 Cougar(MTX), lsot by 2.5 cars
7th race: 00 Cougar(ATX), beat by about 1 car

Saturday night: Only 2
1st Race:95-96 Grand AM(ATX), beat him by 3.5 cars(we went to about 100mph)
2nd race:96 Avenger(ATX) only reason i raced hi is cuz he was talking crap abou thow he would kick my butt. We raced 3 times teh same outcome everytime. I won. 1st teim we were at a roll at around 15mph I beat him by 2cars. 2nd we were stopped beat him by 1.5 cars(bad start) 3rd: went for about a mile,from a stop, I beat him by about 3-4 cars.

WEll this race didn't really count since it wasn't a real race, but my friend in his 98 Trans AM W/150 shot nitrous, beat me by about 8-10 cars over about a mile. He tore me a new a$$hole. it was fun watching him hit his nitrous and just blast off like a rocket.

It was a fun weekend, saw some very nice cars and I had lots of fun

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats on your Vics. I have been wondering how the V-6 cougrs do against other Dom. cars. I mean I Know that they can cook rice but how bout some U.S.grade A When I bought the Coug I looked @ Avengers ,Grand Am , And Alero. Glad your Reprezintin well.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx Ndru2, teh Alero really caught me off guard i thought i would take it but it had a pretty nice jump on me.

G

·
The Alero is a nice car.. the reason he beat you (and by looking at it and thinking.. "oldsmobile" you don't think about it)..

Alero:
170HP @ 4800RPM
200TQ @ 4000RPM
3350 cc Displacement

V6 Cougar:
170HP @ 6250RPM
165TQ @ 4250RPM
2540 cc Displacement..

Those Alero's.. I didn't believe it until I drove my sister-in-laws..

Either way.. good kills!

G

·
Good job with the kills, but it's not perfect yet so *more mods!*

Seeing you have problems with MTX cars, I dunno if they make them for Cougars but a torque converter gets the job done!

Question though, did your friend in the T/A hit the NOS? If he did 8-10 cars is not that great (no offense, but a 150 shot on a car with around 300 RWHP would have beaten you BAD! as in 20 car lenghts bad)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no he didn't hit his nitrous against me, cuz I think his exact words were "why the hell would I waste it on your car?" cuz i told him to hit it so I could see his tail lights yet once again. He alwasy talks about how he kicks my ass, but whatever. Once he did hit his nitrous against me, and I caught up with him about a minute later while he was waiting at the stop sign for me. I have rode with him with the NOS and it is bad a$$, the car is all ready fast as hell, and then he goes off and is modding it more.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
badass what kind of car are you driving?

G

·
Hehehe, good but harsh answer on the NOS question "why the hell would I waste it on your car?"
I drive a similar car, Camaro SS, only have exhaust on it though, and the dyno numbers were before it. I know a guy with a 150 shot in a 2000 SS, and damn that's gotta be super fast, 1/4 mile in the low 12s maybe high 11s! What does your friend run?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know he said he ran a 12.1 a couple months ago, that was with out his exahust. I think he said he ran a 11.95 or somethign like that. It is a hella fast car. there is a 2000 SS that my friend knows that is running mid-high 10's. He has a turbo charger pushing 12 pis(I think) and running a 150 shot to get his turbine rollin. The engine is completely built, and he runs 108 or 110 octane gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.