New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1395324279283.jpg 1394207317998.jpg 1394207297222.jpg 1394204373443.jpg 1394204344171.jpg 1393781722651.jpg 1393781697445.jpg So I've decided that instead of starting a gazillion posts for every single problem with this car. I'm just going to start one and go with it for everything. I'm fairly knowledgeable with this car now as well as that handy dandy search button that I feel I'm not going to come up with a problem that hasn't been addressed at some point in time or another. If I do then I'll post it here which is going to pop this back to the top of the list. The other reason I'm doing this is sort of as an online journal to keep track of my progress from where I am now to wherever this car ends up. Not being the scrap yard I hope. I have tons of ideas which I have yet to come to reality, as well as I need to address every part of the car not just one section as the forum is broken down into. So to start off this was her the first couple weeks I had the car.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So one of the first changes which i may have posted in another thread.... tail lights. The car already had the ford emblem on the back so i thought it only fitting to add to it. uploadfromtaptalk1430851398326.jpg

But the changes didnt stop there. Around to the front i added the ford grill and swapped the carbon fiber stock hood for my kaminari. Since this is a work in progress car at the moment i don't feel i really need to hide the fact my hoods just ugly at the moment anymore.
uploadfromtaptalk1430851541093.jpg

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want the underside of the hood itself or where they went through the radiator support?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K gotcha itll be tomorrow. I leave to florida for a few days tomorrow evening so finalizing plans took up all the daylight

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were drilled in there

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive actually used the bumper spots in the center as well. It would be the left one in the pic. That holes the peefect size for the pin that goes through the hood. It keeps me from having to drill holes in the rad. support. Unless some catastrophe happens i will be using the factory hood latch when then kaminari hood is refinished. Hood pins are nice because you dont have to open the door to get under the hood to work but thats about where anything good stops on them. They're ugly and after they're there for a bit they get even uglier as the little spots you cant clean easily rust. If you're going to use them at least get the type that doesnt have the ugly pin sticking through the hood. I believe they're referred to as aero latches. Way cleaner appearance and they dont rust as bad. Best look would be none. I think stangkiller actually installed those on the car that hood came off of and my black car didnt have a latch which is why the kaminari hood got them put on it. Soon theyll go away though thankfully.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
100% agree on the Aerocatch hood pins. Those look sick! I don't think i can use the bumper spots because I have the Invader hood. The hood rattles at the latch, and I'm afraid one day it will just break. So hood pins are a must for me.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have that hood on my red car. Id have to look and see but i think you may be right.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got it running. my battery cable that ran to the trunk was bad

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mounted the battery box to my floor and got everything secure relocated the nitrous bottle to a better location. Installed my jaged rear brace. Sorry jaged but i had to paint it. Put in my grey leather seats. And rocked out to chick tunes to make the family and neighbors think i lost my mind. Fun day lots accomplished

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah thats what i did as well although the latch on this car works. Im thinking about patching the holes

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice i just found out i have the power lumbar option in the new to the car seats. So easily amused

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yay got the upside down t piece reinstalled in the bottom of my bumper

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess someday soon i should wash the poor girl

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So 3 check engine codes appeared. IAC related and lean bank 1 and bank 2. Its also idling crazy fast so im pretty sure i have a vaccuum leak.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts