New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my poor mahogany is riding around so ghetto right now, here are some updates:

02 front bumper conversion with soon to be molded visteon front
02 rear bumper conversion with molded razzi lips
going to be going with roush side skirts and ditching the visteon*for sale*
spoilerless
shaved sidemarkers, fendertabs, front antenna, rear squirter, rear wiper, rear badge, 3rd brake light, bumper handle, license plate lights

Still need to do list:
Fill in 2 holes in front bumper
mold visteon to front bumper
weld in sidemarkers/rear arm/3rd brake like cover
finish up rear bumper with molded razzi lips
Molded roush sideskirts
"Frenched" Door handles
molded mirror
02 headlight conversion
fix/wire up foglights with silverstar high beams
build trunk subwoofer enclosure
shave keyhole in tail light cover
:) buy new rims/tires
probably more i forgot to list

She will look SOOO good when im finished, my deadline is by christmas. Ive been talking to my mother, and as a xmas/early graduation present she will pay to have the car completely repainted for me. Ive been contemplating going with a nice yellow, probably millenium yellow off the corvettes/SSR's. Id like to have a nice carbonfiber racing stripe too. Similar to craigs car, where the carbonfiber is on the roof, and hatch, but continue it a little further and get to to finish flow through the front/rear bumper if that is understandable?

PICS:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i think i like where this is going.. now get back tow rok so i can see updated pictures soon...

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
i wouldnt mold the visteon front.....youll be workin on remoldin it every time you hit a bad bump. but the rear is turnin out awsome!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont really want to mold the front on, but the way it fits up to the 02 bumper it looks like that is how i will have to go. I know it will suck between me scraping or hitting stuff with the front, but well see when i start work on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
others have done it without molding, looked great!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
and? looks much like my car all the time. its part of body work, until its done its gonna look like ass. looks good, keep it up and spray some primer on it all ready

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
good job so far mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
lookin good, i had everything shaved off my cougar also, but i kept the rear wiper, i kinda like it. but sweet job so far

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just a change of heart. Im still keeping the front tho.

There is no real reason why i got rid of the spoiler, i just took it off one day and rode around like that, and really like the spoilerless look.
As for the sides i want to get rid of them for a reason. I have 2 nice sized dents in my rocker panels, and one in my rear quarter panel at the bottom. The visteon skirts dont cover them up at all, and really make the dents stand out. Now im selling them, and going to get some skirts that cover it all up. Kinda kill 2 birds with one stone there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.