New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUESTION: I will be getting my windows tinted within the next few months and I was wondering if $280 is a normal charge?

BACKGROUND: I live in Northern Maine so there are not many "modification" shops around. The only place that exists charges between $250 - $300. So, it's my only local option. If you all think it's WAY expensive I will travel to Southern Maine (7 hours away) to find a secondary option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That depends... are they tinting your windows solid gold? :biggrin:

Around here the going rate is about $150, with higher charges for colored tint.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
HEX NO. $280, is rediculous. I had to drive over and hour to get mine done and it was $120. I recommend you make the trip for a weekend or something man. Thats totally outrageous. Plus I m sure if you look hard theres more within 7hrs. I know Ive been to Maine to ski and its not that dead around there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy ****, 90 BUCKS!!??? God that's sweet!! The legal limit here is only 50 percent so I was thinking of going 50 on the front end and 20 or 30 percent on the rear.

Madkat - where have you been to ski? I went skiing last year to Big Rock in Mars Hill and it was 50 bucks for both me and my g/f. Where in Maine is it cheaper?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rember many cheap places use cheap tint. I dought your $90 tint is of high quality. I payed $180 for my car and it is of extremely high quality tint, guarinted for life not to turn purple. The place I got it done is the best in SoCal, been in busness for 30 years. Friday I am going to get my windshield done.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
my window tint cost me 274.95 from ziebart, basically 55 bux each window

·
Registered
335 Posts
Cost me $70 for my back 3 windows. That was with using solar guard tint, free nation-wide manufacturer warranty that covers scratches, peeling, and bubbles.:thumbsup:

p.s. My boss did it, cuz I worked at a tinting place, but we would normally charge $150-$180 depending on the car.

-Eric

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Kooter
my window tint cost me 274.95 from ziebart, basically 55 bux each window
I was qouted 150 for my rear three, I have discovered that Illinois over charges on window tint.

maybe Maine is the same way.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the place I'm talking about does very good work, they have been in business forever. I guess Maine just overcharges a lil bit. Everyone seems to have payed right about 200.00. Thanks for the input, 250.00 isn't completely awful.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I paid $175 or so for Platinum tint, and lifetime warranty. This included the rear window (in one single piece), two rear sides, and eyebrow.

E1

S

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know the legal limit for Ohio, or know where I can find it?

S

·
0 Posts
my b/f of the time did mine as a surprise gift while the coug was in the shop :)
cost $150 Cdn for all around graphite tint (darker when you look in than when you look out) from Tint King in Toronto

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
my job...normally would have costed me bout 400$ because of all the film being used, all new ****, extra cutting, shrinking and crap like that ende up costing me bout 150$

thats why tint should cost so much...not for regular 20%... regular 20% should cost no less then 200 unless extra warranty's are involved

By the way I've never been pulled over for it and I've had it since the beginning of Summer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If I can get my windows tinted for $175 in Montana, you probably shouldn't have to pay much more then that anywhere... Unless it's some special kind of tint or something...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts