New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knowing the entire management staff at a local Toyota dealer pays off in the long run. For at least the next 7 years, which this vehicle will last that and beyond, I will be the proud owner of a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4 5.7L Double Cab. I didn't snap a shot of the tag on the vehicle because I forgot until just now. I'll be picking it up Thursday night and then snapping some shots of it with the digital to post up for "people who like to look at pictures of a new vehicles" purpose. I didn't pay full price for anything that was offered by Toyota direct, but only for the stuff that was outsourced to other companies.

MSRP: over $34,000 for the vehicle alone.
Financed: under $34,000, including all extra costs (warranty, etc).

I can tow a maximum of 10,300 lbs., that is basically 3 cougars, and about 1,600 lbs. in payload. I gave the mom a quick little feel of power when I spun the wheels on purpose during the test drive. :biggrin: Keeping the cougar, but it turns into a good weather only vehicle.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice, I'm not completely sold on the new body style, but that is a killer price for them! I've been looking into a new taco, but mine is still young, only 9 years old :rofl:!
Good luck with it, do they have the same composite bed the new tacos do?

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Nice grab, I test drove on back in April and I ended up winning a gas grill from the Toyota give away... I don't know if I can get an import truck though. Something just doesn't sound right about it :shrug:

Anyways, have fun ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Toyota Tundra's are built in Indiana, if not all of them, most of them anyways. Next time you drive by a Toyota dealership, stop in and look to see where it is built.

Just because Toyota isn't an American company doesn't mean anything. More foreign owned companies make cars in America than American owned companies.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Hey I just saw one of these taken apart down to nothing. One of my customer companies had a few trucks taken apart a brand new fresh off the lot tundra was one they were looking at. Not a bad looking truck, I don't deal with Toyota so I don't know much abotu their ability or performance otherwise. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Nice grab, I test drove on back in April and I ended up winning a gas grill from the Toyota give away... I don't know if I can get an import truck though. Something just doesn't sound right about it :shrug:

Anyways, have fun ;)
Just like the car market, the import trucks will over take the domestic truck sales. Until now there weren't many options but they are starting to build some nice trucks. Unless the Domestic car companies step it up a notch they will lose that market as well. :(

Nice winter beater BTW! ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To bad I can't invest the time and money into modifying both this and the cougar at the same time. Otherwise I would go for even more power, but the simple things like I/H/E would probably be on the list for things to get exchanged out.

One of the things that I got in the "etc" costs, was called Mohr Care, from Andy Mohr (the dealership). This gets me a free oil change for every other oil change done by the dealer and a discount on the cycle that is not free. So basically I'm going to the dealer every 4-5k miles for an oil change. I'll have to remember to post up the list of the like 30-45 items that are not covered in the warranty.

As for the looks, the body does seem to be a little boxy, but I'm not to concerned on looks in this truck. I was wanting it more for the POWER than LOOKS. That is what the cougar is for :biggrin:.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
I don't know if I'd use the word "gawking" if I were you...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tundra is almost all american. It is built in Texas with like 95% american parts.
Except it is built in Indiana, but most of the parts are likely from Texas. As that is their base American operation.

I don't know if I'd use the word "gawking" if I were you...
I changed the wording just for you, check the quoted section in the first post.

I'm already looking at cost of I/H/E on the thing and I haven't even picked it up yet. Going to cost over $700 just from some JBA headers in SS; over $900 in ceramic coating of either silver or titanium. Just not the same as getting parts for a 7+ year old car :(.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just picked it up less than half an hour ago and snapped some shots. Again, knowing more than 50% of the people who work at the dealership, including 3 of the managers, means you get real good service. The sales manager who handled my sale sent through truck through detail twice, so it looks NICE and has no visible paint swirls at this time.

(click for larger image)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts