New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bridgestone pole s-03 they look good and I cant wait to put them on 3-4wks.
anyone got those how they feel?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nice! My friend has them on his 'Lude and he says they were one of his best buys.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had s-02 before and I loved them. Im so happy im getting rid of those Ventus tires that I got right now. They got no traction in 1st gear at all.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I've had S-03's mounted on the 17", O.Z. superleggeras on the Cougar long enough to wear the front tires down to the 1st wear bar. I also have a new set (less than a year) on the SLK. They have served me very well on the road race track. The S-03 is a good tire, but is now getting a little gray around the mussel. I've been looking into trying the new Bridgestone RE050 as a replacement for the fronts. Also the new Michelin Pilot has been showing better test results.

I have had a set of 225/40 S-02s mounted on my 18" exhibition rims for over two years. They are not up to the level of the 03s, but are still a good performer. Last week I swapped out the fronts on that set with two Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 225/35/18's. Surprise..I haven't been to the track yet, but I believe they are better than the 03s as far as wet handling, noise and ride comfort. They are about equal as far as dry handling.

SO of the tires I have run in the last two years I think the new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is the best of the lot.. I'll try the Bridgestone RE050 next and see what it is like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts