New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up last Monday.. the previous owner was a member of CEG and sold it to me for $1300.00 because he wanted the car to go to someone who would not part it out and love it as much as he used to..

the good ... car only has 62k on it, custom one off hood, intake, brullen exhaust, B&M short shifter and a sho-shop Y-pipe...

now the bad.. The guy took that classic CSVT hard right turn that starved the car of its much needed oil and he spun a rod bearing..

Lesser bad news.. the car needed to be flatbedded to my house so we ended up breaking the front grill and making a few holes in the front bumper and lastly some idiots stole the WingsWest Touring Spoiler off the car and attempted to steal the hood but it must have been too heavy and they dropped it so the back edges are slightly bent.

I currently have a 3L and 2(two) 2.5 engines in my garage so hopefully this will be a fast fix... I have struts/springs and crossdrilled/slotted rotors in transit and special ordered a fiberglass Mirko splitter that bolts onto the stock SVT bumper

I have some semi-sick plans in store for this car.. the car will be driven daily once its complete so I can't go too wild.. I'm currently thinking about ditching the hood and trying to find something else..

comments? I'm pretty stoked about this car and happy to join the others here who own both cars (namely Trevor and Kim)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the rims on it are from the Cougar.. they are my stockie spares so I didn't count those in mods above.. the car was delivered w/stock CSVT rims which need new rubber badly.. :(

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks like a great deal. What'cha doin with the crapped out motor?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
most likely using a 2.5 w/30k on it for the lower portion and then transferring all the SVT goodies over.. I'll have a huge sale after to get rid of all the stuff I have in my garage once both vehicles are complete w/engine work..

I've been meaning to sell alot of the crap I've been picking up or stockpiling and for once it paid off... I have alot of stuff that I can put on this car that I had duplicates of or upgraded on the Coug.

I feel like a fat kid who was just handed a free cake! :rofl:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Some idiots stole the wing off of it? How did they do that? Did it go straight from his house to your house? Do you live in the same town? I'd be pissed as hell if someone stole a spoiler off a car while it was being towed to my house.

Looks real good though, I was gonna throw something if you got a modded, running CSVT for $1300!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Like everyone else has already said good find. Sorry about the spoiler but it really doesn't look bad with out it, go spoilerless! Im sure that cost more then a new wing though but you know what your gonna do better then I can say.

So how quick are you hoping to have it up and running?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the car was parked at his buddies shop unlocked when it was vandalized... they stole his amps/subs, headunit, spoiler and tried to make off with the hood when they apparently ran out of space or ambition and just dropped the hood about 20 feet from the car ... they no longer make the Wings West spoiler so I think me finding another one might be almost impossible..

the good news is that all the wires are already ran in the car for a system... thankfully he didn't yank anything out and already did all the hard work of running under seats and jambs... LOL

I'm hoping to get the car running next month or so if all works out.. I already titled, registered and applied for my personalized plates.. the ones in the picture are just temporaries until my special ones arrive.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: redcougarguy
window tint! daily driver must
the previous owner apparently must have gotten busted for tint at one time.. I've been removing tint glue residue for the past 2 days... but yes, once the car is back on the road that was the first big plan..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and I beat ya to it... he lived about an hour away so I was I set up an appointment the day after I found it, offered him 1300.00 cash and he ended it early for me.. I honestly think he could have doubled his money easily had he kept it on Ebay... I freakin lucked out and basically refused to leave his property until we had a deal

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
u brat. i was going to buy that and use it as my daily driver. i am envious now two awesome cars.....bravo

the funny part is the csvt is faster than the coug lol....after you fix it

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the car was pinstriped the day before we left for Fest... they actually ran out of my pinstriping and I was at Fest for 1 day with one side gold and the other side silver for 5hits and giggles.. At Fest Mtang4Life pinstriped the other side silver while everyone watched... later I'm going to remove the vinyl pinstriping and have it painted instead.. it turned out much better than I imagined and I love the 3rd color seperating the paint colors.

Knappstaman - what you lookin for?

FordRule - nope, the Cougar will be much faster after we are done with it ;)

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i saw that bia on ebay a few weeks back.. almost bid but had three cars and an extra engine stored outside my apartment at that time and figured i might upset the balance if i went any further.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.