New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hehe j/k
this is my Minichamps Cougar 1:43 scale.
Finally painted it to match my 1:1 scale cougar ;) of course, not all details match my own since there's no 2001 minichamps as far as I could find.
attached are more pics of the progress and final product.
(I somehow forgot to snap pics of the car with the coat of primer, oh well. appears as though the attachments got posted out of order too. pfft)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
nice! how does that color comapre to your color on your real car?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
thats so cute, I'm sorry I mean thats cool dude

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I was going to ask if that's a model. But from the pictures i'm going to say it's a diecast car?

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
That display would be much cooler with some carpeting, and little LED's all around the bottom of the car....

Also, when you repainted it, did you pull the windows? Because you know you get more show points for the full repaint if you pull the windows...

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
you got some mad orange peel on that paint job! That's what you get for taking it to Maaco! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
looks good. im gonna do this to mine. but might i suggest some 2000 grit wet sanding? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah orange peel stinks.

you don't even wanna know what I paid for this car.
originally I was looking for a 2000 silver mondeo for my fiance (closest diecast out there that looks like his car). Then I decided I wanted a cougar as well.
I searched high and low for the mondeo and finally came upon some diecast company in Italy.
They had the mondeo AND the cougar. I found the cougar somewhere else for cheaper, but I would have had to pay shipping from two different diecast companies, and actually end up paying more in total. So I said screw it, save on shipping and get them both at one place.
honestly, with shipping, after currency conversion, I think these both ran me $80 total.
To be fair, shipping was like $22!!
:flushed: I don't care. I wanted them and didn't want to wait around for them to be available somewhere else for cheaper, I didn't want to take the risk that that might never happen.

I can't find the name of that company.
There are other people on here I believe that own minichamps cougars.
Best bet is to just do a search for Minichamps Ford Cougar on your favorite browser and see where that takes you.
ebay's always a good idea too. :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
UKNECO Group Buy :hitit:

Oddly enough cgburns and myself were talking about this earlier, import a bunch of them to save on shipping. :wiggle:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
those are the same exact ones we gave away at HCKC... they were Laser Red and Silver... we gave away the larger Melina Blue Euro Cougars too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts