New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
ha ha.. what's w/ the ranger as a daily driver backup? looks good though, always wanted a truck but once i got a car.. i got addicted to em (plus w/ a truck everyones like "OMG D00d.. h3Lpz m3 /\/\0V3 wi7 y0 tRUcK!!!1)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Tyger-
"OMG D00d.. h3Lpz m3 /\/\0V3 wi7 y0 tRUcK!!!1)
- that is exactly what it was like when I had a truck. I was the moving b!tch.

Been lookin at rangers recently myself actually. Nice truck Jason. I never had a bit of trouble with either that I had ('96 and a '98). My '96 was that color too.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. It's a 2001 3L ATX (so Lisa can drive it). It was actually a Maroon color and the original owner put a red pearl coat over it. It kind of has a color shifting effect in the sunlight. Only 19K miles on it, 2whl drive , and fully loaded except for electric door locks. As far as why buy a truck, I have the sport compact (Cougar), my wife has the SUV (Trailblazer), so I needed something I could haul things in (for projects around the house/etc). Lisa isn't going to let me put 1/2 ton of gravel or dirt in the back of her trailblazer (not that I would want to). No modding for the truck though. I have 3 purchases for it, a bug guard for the hood, wind deflectors for the windows, and maybe a piece of stainless steel exhaust pipe with a polished stainless steel tip to replace the rusted pipe coming from the muffler.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Wish i could say i've never had a problem with my ranger...

But in all seriousness it's 13 years old and has over 130K miles on it. So it's not exactly a big surprise that some things are failing.

I think i might actually get a newer Ranger when i finally decide to trade this one in. I kinda like they way they look. I'm definitely going to upgrade to a V6. My I4 just doesn't cut it. 20 seconds in a quarter mile... too slow!

Truck looks good Jason, good buy:thumbsup:

Heh, we're starting to become Ohio NERO: Ohio New Edge Ranger Owners. There's what, 4 of us that own a Ranger now? Jeff, John, Jason, and me. Hmmm, looks like i need to change my name to one that starts with a "J"...

·
Registered
200 Posts
nice ride jason cant go wrong with a ranger.

don't forget about me brian. i have a 93 with over 208k miles on it and it still has the original motor, tranny, clutch...hmm the only thing that is not on it when i bought it is a new fuel pump, alt, thermostat, thermostat housing, crank sensor and battery.

they are great trucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.