New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the Pacifica for a little while, both Lisa and I came to the conclusion we really didn't like it as much as we thought we would and it really wasn't the car for us. So when I had a chance to change vehicles with little to no loss in our initial investment we jumped at it. Plus I missed having a pickup!!! Now I just need to learn to be a little easier on the gas pedal (I love the sound of the V8 too much).

Attachments

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
Well, I think everyone knows about my fervent distaste for trucks. And my fervent distaste for Dodge's design department.

But congrats on getting a good deal, Jason! That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Nice, but I'm pretty sure we have seen more of your other vehicles then the cougar. How about some more love for the cougar.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I wouldn't have picked a Dodge, but hell, it's better then a Pacifica!

I get to see those motors manufactured when I go down to Columbus, IN. Cummins is based down there and I work on their SEM. I didn't realize they still had production lines, that would be a ****ty job.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm not a big fan of Chevy and I wont buy an import, so that only leaves Dodge since I wanted a mid-size pickup with 4 doors and Ford doesn't have a mid-size pickup. Also Dodge is the only mid-size with a V8, not a requirement, but will definitely come in handly, especially towing the boat.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lisa drives a Chevy Trailblazer.

Yea, I know the new ones have the V8, but I concur, they are very costly. I bought this one used with 11K on it (southern truck with 1 slight scratch that ScratchX will take care of). It looks brand new, inside and out and has a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not willing to pay $33K for a truck, whether it's a 4 door or not (that was my truck's original sticker price, the first owner left the window sticker in the glove box).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Ditto, even with the X plan, A plan, etc from every American Company and now my uncle works for Hyundai too, so basically anything I want new I get a heck of a discount on.

However Ill never buy new again, cost, and depreciation. Working in the finance industry for 2 yrs showed me what depreciation truly does to a car/truck.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A used car is bad enough when it comes to depreciation. You make your payments and reduce what you owe and at the same time the vehicle's value is decreasing, hopefully the value decreases slower than the amount you owe. Of course that goes for all vehicles, but at least with a slightly used vehicle you don't get that huge decrease in value a new car does in the first year of ownership.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Plus trucks hold their value a bit better than a car.

Ive learned my lesson with the fusion. Never never again.

I will just stick with purchasing something thats a 3-4yrs old, unless your talking abuiot my BMW!! :-D (like that will ever happen..*laugh*)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts