New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how it is in other parts of the Country, but it seems to be a huge problem here in Metro Atlanta.....folks throwing their Cigarette butts out the window. I found 4 butts in my grill yesterday when I was cleaning my car off. Sometimes they hit my windshield and sometimes they hit my front bumper. It just kinda pisses me off... At night its especially noticeable because you see all of the orangish colored ashes flying all over the car. I just think some folks should have respect for the people behind you. You wouldnt want someone to throw a soda can or something at your car would you?? So dont throw your rubbish at mine. :mad:

ok thanks i feel better now...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i agree totally... i'll be driving along and all of a sudden i'll see the sparks and try to swerve out of the way.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
you think thats bad??? well.. it is... but two years ago, in my old red cougar, i was driving home at 7:00am after dropping my mom off work. I was on the highway doing 60 or so mph. I was behind a van that belonged to a furnature company.
Anyway, i guess the passengers' coffee had gotten cold or whatever, and he opend up his window at 60mph and guess what... he poured it out the window. well no... not poured... he held on to the cup, but THREW it out the window. i'd say the better part of a FULL cup too. naturally physics took over and *splat* all over the right side of the bumper, hood and most of my windsheild.
i was umm...not too happy after that :tongue:

I got one more... this ***** - her lane was ending, and she wanted to get in MY lane... so when she was on my left... i slowed down, and so did she, so i slowed more, and more and she kept doing the same... we were down to like 20mph by the time i said F it and took off.
She then proceeds to get behind me, and over one more lane - she speeds up, matches speed with me on the right side and flips me off! i'm just like WTF! i roll down my window and this 50 yr old woman totally lets loose on me... swearing and all that stuff saying "you slowed down to to 30clicks you..." etc... and i was like... damn, i was just slowing down to let you infront of me... :rofl:

but yes, i agree! there are far too many assholes on the road!
drives me crazy sometimes... i'm glad i'm not allowed to have a gun :banghead:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
drives me crazy sometimes... i'm glad i'm not allowed to have a gun :banghead:
yeah for real man.... get a PA system so your yelling and cussing can be heard! :mad:

If that asshole spilled coffee on my car I woulda went beserk...... i honestly dont think I would be able to hold my anger and agression . There have been many times I wish I had a gun in the car, but after cooling off Im glad I didnt.

It sucks though because Atlanta traffic is horrible. To get 42 miles it takes me an hour and 20 minutes each morning. Monday- Friday I leave for work at 630 am, then I get to work at about 8. I leave work around 5 to head to campus, I get there around 615. After that it takes me an hour to get home. I hate traffic with a passion, but TV's do make it easier. Its cool to catch an entire flick in one day. I usually leave my PS2 on all day in my so I dont lose my spot on my movie. Just the other day , I managed to watch Lord of The Rings 1 in just getting stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
don't feel too bad...
i had a friend of mine driving on the tollway (houston) and a driver next to him started shooting a bb gun at his car.
he was so upset that he retaliated and through his soda can out his window and into the other persons vehicle.
it was quite a funny story...the other driver stopped at the next toll booth to report the action to the authorities and was tackeled by the cops (you can't enter the toll booth area on foot).
needless to say, the next day he got a visit from the police to discuss the matter and he told the officer what had happened. the officer actually got a laugh out of the fact that the other driver had failed to mention that he had instigated the event. at least my friend had the cracks (in his new windshield) to prove it.
actions to the other driver are still pending at this time (as far as i know).

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Originally posted by: dlighthill
don't feel too bad...
i had a friend of mine driving on the tollway (houston) and a driver next to him started shooting a bb gun at his car.
he was so upset that he retaliated and through his soda can out his window and into the other persons vehicle.
it was quite a funny story...the other driver stopped at the next toll booth to report the action to the authorities and was tackeled by the cops (you can't enter the toll booth area on foot).
needless to say, the next day he got a visit from the police to discuss the matter and he told the officer what had happened. the officer actually got a laugh out of the fact that the other driver had failed to mention that he had instigated the event. at least my friend had the cracks (in his new windshield) to prove it.
actions to the other driver are still pending at this time (as far as i know).

The Tollway (Beltway 8) sucks , especially when your going down the section branching off Cullen after 288 and a couple of drunks want to hold traffic at 50mph. Then throw up all over my car with the windows down...no way in hell can you swerve from that on a 2 lane road. Its bad enough you pay toll on that ****ty road. I really hate Houston-

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
When cig butts fly at my car at night, my brights come on immediately...those people know
what they did... anyone ignorant enough to smoke period doesn't deserve the respect they neglect to give their own bodies.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: EricF
When cig butts fly at my car at night, my brights come on immediately...those people know
what they did... anyone ignorant enough to smoke period doesn't deserve the respect they neglect to give their own bodies.
hellll yea!

Mike

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Bad traffic? Come to the Bay Area or go to LA. ;) When I worked mornings, it took me 1 hour to drive 15 miles.

And.. uh.. I don't know how I feel about someone WATCHING a movie while they drive instead of watching the ROAD, but I don't judge. :smoke-g: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ya, that's always a good time. Lat summer I had a kid in a school bus spit on the rear fender of my car. I went to work and got a car wash after work and the sun already baked the spit into the car and ate away the paint! Now I have a permanent momento of some jackass 12 year old's idea of a good time.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
You get that crap every where man. I usually swear under my breath, and hit my brakes to slow down enough so that it stops bouncing on the ground so I can drive over it. They should make smoking in vehicles illegal.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
It's already illegal to throw cigarette butts out the window, but that doesn't seem to stop people.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Originally posted by: sonza68
It's already illegal to throw cigarette butts out the window, but that doesn't seem to stop people.
That $1000 ticket in california should...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by: NorCalCoug

And.. uh.. I don't know how I feel about someone WATCHING a movie while they drive instead of watching the ROAD, but I don't judge. :smoke-g: :biggrin:
feel free to judge, but when it takes almost 6 minutes to move 10 feet, you really get sick of looking at the dumptruck or overweight guy next to you in a Kia Sephia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts