New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lovely jersey pothole has crippled one of my rims, and I do not feel comfortable driving on it. Hoping by some small chance that someone in the local area has one or a set they are looking to unload so I don't need to wait a week to buy elsewhere. If you know of any junkyards that have a cougar sitting in them, that would be helpful too...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
haha I bent AND cracked the front passenger side rim last weekend! unreal these damn potholes are. I've been driving on it since, but, like you, I don't feel too safe. I lost two auctions on ebay for one new wheel, or a set of 4 polished ones. I guess I'll keep looking there. My dad said there's this place on Route 21 in Newark, if you're going Route 21 South, and you end up on McCarter Highway, there's a huge yellow building that has rims from old cars, kinda like a 'rim-junkyard', maybe i'll check it out.

Mike

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey i live 2 seconds away from that place on 21, and they have all kinds of stuff if ur stricking out its def. worth it... i cracked my rim about 6 months ago spinning around on rt.78 and i saved it(well almost) ... till like the last two feet the construction ppl decided to make a curb on a highway and sure enough it began where i was ending... just think 6 inches and i was home free.... but yea my mechanic told me that he knew a guy in a dealership (dealerships are usually extreme last resort in most cases).... and got it in like 3 day so i didnt have to wait. to long... but it still kinda cost me i dont member exactly cause the whole bill was like $1300 ( strut two new tires..poped one .. tie rods rim ... and a couple other things never fun)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: PPirate14500
hey i live 2 seconds away from that place on 21, and they have all kinds of stuff if ur stricking out its def. worth it... i cracked my rim about 6 months ago spinning around on rt.78 and i saved it(well almost) ... till like the last two feet the construction ppl decided to make a curb on a highway and sure enough it began where i was ending... just think 6 inches and i was home free.... but yea my mechanic told me that he knew a guy in a dealership (dealerships are usually extreme last resort in most cases).... and got it in like 3 day so i didnt have to wait. to long... but it still kinda cost me i dont member exactly cause the whole bill was like $1300 ( strut two new tires..poped one .. tie rods rim ... and a couple other things never fun)
hey do you know the name of it? Or exactly where it is? Like is it on Route 21 or do I have to take some sidestreets to get to it? You think they'd have to order the rim? thanks..

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts