New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a pioneer premier DEX-P1R... and it has a tuner, multi and single disc option on it... multi disc changer would be in the trunk- but i dont have one... anyways it does have a single dics changer in the dash... ok well i had a CD in there and now when i try and get it out- the CD wont come out... it doesnt even display the function single disc anymore... im sorry if im soo confusing but i dont know what to do- you think the CD is just stuck in there- it was playing fine and its not a burnt CD- then the next day when i went to take it out- it wouldntr come out.... haha if u guys have ANY idea and u would like to let me know it would be awesome!!

thanks katie!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
try to take the unit out, but don't unplug it just yet. Hold it upside down and push the eject button, shake it a little, the CD may come out. you may not be able to solve your problem until you get that CD out.

Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks- i will try that today...

i just started the car one day and it just literally forgot that it has an indash single CD player- how conveinent

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have the same problem with my Kenwood Excelon when it gets below freezing. When I press the reset button it recognizes the CD and is able to eject it. Otherwise it sounds like a pair of small needle nose pliars are in order. Good luck.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright well i got the CD out and it still doesnt even show the single CD fuction- my dads a pretty good mechanic and he doesnt even know- he thinks the headunit has the problems and were goin to a place where they fix just headunits tommorow and seeing how much it will cost to fix- but i think i will end up having to buy a new one- this sucks!

does everyone else have this headunit??!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.