New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my "final" graphic designs

k, here they are. i think this is what im going to go with. i know not everyone will like it, so constructive criticism is welcome. but take note, im 17, worked at a graphics place for over a month before getting fired (bastard boss didnt like me...). so i basically picked up the art all on my own and designed it all myself and will be doing all of it myself. i didnt want anything too complex such as flames or tribal since i dont really have the means (graphics disks and such) to do that all, but i think this looks pretty good without overdoing it. so here...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
RE:my "final" graphic designs

i like how you used the headlights from both the top and from the side. Not sure what the designs on the roof are going to do for you except for making it easy to spot your car from tall buildings. Good work overall though.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

just looked like a nice spot to put a little more accent. my original idea also involved something on the hatch, but after realizing how impossible it would be to make an arc that was symmetrical and matched the glass curve perfect... we scratched that one.

-and i dont know if you noticed, but i tried to do a kind of "hidden lines" thing on the side where one line ends, then starts back up later...

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
RE: my "final" graphic designs

sponsored by nike? ;-)

the top design is interesting
but the side design doesnt really flow with anything... they just look like a few random, disconnected shapes.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts

I would have to agree with Ov3n. They do not flow with much of anything, well at least for the most part.

Yellow and white should not go together.

Perhaps try to accentuate the lines, you did fairly well by follow the lines of the headlights onthe side in black..

Also objects which are directly in the center of something tend to be an artisit eyesore. always offset something for a desirable effect.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts

I personally think there is just too much goin on and yes, definately too random... and we all know I was a vinyl freak..

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

I like the top view a lot. definitely interesting and different.
the sides, I have to agree, are a bit busy and don't flow that well with the tops.
perhaps you can take the shapes from the roof and enlarge them to put on the sides, or something along those lines.
I don't think the white looks that bad as a contrast to the black.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

agree with Ov3n as well.

top is tight, sides look like a tornado hit your car when it was at the vinyl shop.......

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

FastCat - thanks man, that does look a lot better. i know when i start doin this stuff i get a little carried away and its hard for me to personally tell when/where to stop. so thats why im asking for some criticism. i'll redesign the sides, keeping headlight part cuz that sounded fairly popular.

oh, and thats not white, its supposed to be a light silver to accent the black. thanks guys, and girls.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Originally posted by: FastCat2002
Took the top headlight design and put it on the side. I think it flows a little better.
the top of the hood design looks good, dont change it

but I like how FastCat2002 changed the design...I think it would look alot better though if the white design is where the black one is at in his version...and possible swap the colors around also.

That would be a good design...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Ehhh...I'm indifferent. Don't really like it, but don't really dislike it either. Keep building on the basic idea.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
:thumbsdn: no likey

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...any particular part about it or just overall not your style?

-i dont think im going to do any more drastic changes, but maybe if i hear some good ideas for tweaks. i like it the more i see it so this will be the general idea if the not the final one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts