New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say I got trubendz's aluminzed steel dual exit exhaust. Using 40 series flowmaster muffler and piping is 2.25". Wow it sounds amazing. No longer sounds like a 4 cylinder. resonates at 2250 and 2750rpm which you may or may not like (I love it). More power down low too, I am finding myself shifting at lower rpms cause there is no need to rev it out as much for power. Easy to install yourself, hardest part is getting old exhaust off. Looks, sounds, and feels much better though. If you are anti-rice this is for you! I give it 2 big :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eventually, didnt have time and my dad has the camera.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much did you pay for the pipes from trubendz? Can you take an undershot picture of your car? Im having troubles with figuring out my exhaust right now. I explain it all here. :( Try to get a sound clip too! Im really interested to hear what a 40 series sounds like on a 4 cylinder. I might just have to get one! lol Thanks!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all together it was 340 shipped, I got aluminzed dual. The 40 series is the perfect width for where the old muffler was. At first we were worried about it vibrating on car or something but it turned out fine. 40 series is awesome. I dont know if I can get any direct under car shots cuz Id have to jack it up but I can try to just hold camera under the car.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, you're right. I've got the Tru-Bendz Stainless WeaponR on my 4-cyl, and the hardest part was definitely getting the old crap off there. I'd love to hear what the dual FlowMasters sound like - got a file to post? If you want to check out mine, hit up this avi: http://bigmek2.de/CMGP_MVI_2191.AVI It's a bit more rice than FlowMaster, but...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts