New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mercedes SLR McLaren, said by many "the best car ever built".

617 horsepower
0-60 in under 3.8 seconds
Cost: $441,000

I have loads of pictures at the bottom of this post, be shure to check them all out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
thats hella sweet, but for some odd reason it reminds me from the side of the new Crossfire. :shrug: good or bad? very hella sweet!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Chrysler is Mercedes so lately many of their newer cars look like Mercedes cars. The Crossifire is based on the Mercedes SL which influenced the desing of the SLR so your not wrong in noticing the similarity. Attached is a pic of the Chrysler Crossfire.

Also incase anyone would like to read up on the SLR, here is a few links to Edmunds reviews and drive tests on the SLR.
First Drive
Follow-Up Test

Attachments

G

·
I love everything about that car except the front end. Mainly the part in the center that looks like a big nose extending into the front bumper.

·
is a pop sensation
13,675 Posts
It's an impressive car, but I still can't get used to the front end either. And for that price, I'd rather have an Aston Martin Vanquish and a Ford GT.

·
Registered
904 Posts
It has a complete carbon fiber body too.

Esquire magazine had an article on it, and some lucky journalist actually got to drive that beast.

Where did you find all those pictures coyotefreek? I was looking for one to use as wallpaper on my computer and
could'nt find jack.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by: sonza68
It's an impressive car, but I still can't get used to the front end either. And for that price, I'd rather have an Aston Martin Vanquish and a Ford GT.
YES I would take Aston Martin Vanquish any day!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by: spacedog73

Where did you find all those pictures coyotefreek? I was looking for one to use as wallpaper on my computer and
could'nt find jack.
I got them all of Edmunds.com, they also have the drive tests I posted the links to before. Edmunds always has great pictures for every car available, only problem is that they arent that big.

·
Registered
504 Posts
not as prestigous as the SLR but i drove a SL500 last week. :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the front looks like the bat mobile?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
the shift knob is schweeet... :bowdown:

but you know what i'd rather have than a SLR? a Viper, then with my money left over - send it to that Lingenwhatchamacallit guy who did the corvette THEN with the money i would still have left over... i'd buy a big house with a massive garage. and yet STILL, with my left over money, i would order a pizza AND tip the delivery guy $50 bucks, just because i would STILL have money left over :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
then with my money left over - send it to that Lingenwhatchamacallit guy who did the corvette
unfortunately that isn't possible cuz he just died a couple days ago. :(

now..
my opinion..
that things hood is longer than like a cougar or something
ugly.
i'll take a ford gt pls.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
ugh... i think my heart is broken now :(

and yes agreed - not since the Corvette Stingrays has there been a hood THAT long... but it looked awesome on the stingray. its a little less awesome on the SLR.

put in my order for a GT aswell :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.