New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery light starts to flash and the lights dim every time I drive at night on one specific road! No where else just through a 3-4 mile stretch of that particular road. I drove all the way to CougarFest and it never came on. I drive down the 404 near my house and it starts to flash. I don't get it??? :confused:

Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
loose connection somewhere or your alt is dying. :(

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
your car is retarded.

But besides the obvious..It always happens on that stretch of road and JUST there??

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is retarded, and Yes it always happens in the same general area! I don't get it. Like I said, I drove all the way to Indy, then went to Chicago and back to Toronto and it never blinked. I drove home on that road last night and it was blinking like a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
would it just be a normal road or like maybe its a curvy section that might be jarring something loose?

other than that ...id say ya possessed... probably some indian burial grounds your driving over.... well either that or you got a wild russian scientist working on some EMP crap that stuff is fun!!

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
It's either A) That section of road is bumpy to jiggle a loose connection or B) Aliens landed nearby and are using the area as a base, and that's why you have weird electrical issues.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: Waldo64
Maybe an influence of high voltage power lines or a big mobile phone transmitter/antenna !
That's what I was thinking!

Its a straight section of fairly smooth road. I drive on a lot worse roads and don't have any problems. I just don't want to change my alternator if I don't have to. I'll check all the connections just to be sure.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I highly doubt it is either of them. I can speak from experience at least on the Cellular Phone Transmitters, as i have worked on them for 3 years. They just put out radio frequencies, which shouldn't affect your alt. And they are not powerful enough to do much more than send thier signal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.