New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night at the pike me and joe did a few runs... my saturn vs/ his focus. My saturn (which i bought like this), as full cold air intake, wires, exhaust, and 200+ lbs of tools and stuff in trunk, it is also 5spd. The focus has intake, system, and 5spd as well.

All 3 runs were from a dig, in a parking lot roughly 1/8 mile long.

All 3 runs I won. However, he didn't know how to launch until the last run. I also have bad traction problems, trying to fight off wheel hop through 1st into 2nd.

Fun runs. It is always cool to run cars you know will be good competition.

FYI - Saturn = 1.9L

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,005 Posts
I love my Saturn - I have a 99. Watch that wheel hop - the Sat has a flaky differential that WILL go grenade under wheelspin; it's just a matter of time. I surprise all kinds of people in my Saturn. Good run - I always wondered how it would do against a Focus.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my mother had a gold saturn sl2 99 and i used to beat the balls off it, i learned to drive in it, and suprisingly it would spin tires pretty much whenever i wanted to. the only way for me (atx) to get the tires to spin without neutral dropping which i will never do in my car is when the ground is wet:(

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah my mom had 93 SC2, the reason why they are decently quick is because they weigh next to absolutly nothing. Fun car to drive though, much like a miata.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If its a 2k4 or later zx3/5... Purchased in MA, its a 2.3 pzev. Greenstate baby. If not... 3/5's are still 2.0's. The wagons and sedans were either 1.8's or or the 2.0 ztec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.