New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is not on my cougar, mine is an auto unfortunatly. but its on my Mazda MX6. its a 93 and has 114,000 miles on it. Since it got cold, its really hard 2 get the gears into first and second, what is causing this problem? and when i do get it into the right gear it seems to grind. i almost have 2 push/force it really hard for it 2 get it in gear. i also noticed when im waiting for a light or sumtin, ill be in first with the clutch fully down and the car will move forward, and when i rev it, the car moves forward. what is goin on?!?!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sounds like a bad clutch. The pressure plate doesnt seem to hold the pressure and that causes you to move forward. My cougar does that when i am at a light and rev it around 6K. Just jumps forward a tiny bit, but i can feel it in the clutch. The hard shifting may be the shift forks in the tranny.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was told that it could be the weight of the fluid, a 90 weight, it also could be the syncros 2. they told me 2 check the fluid, where would it be at? a lil plub i guess.

·
Registered
815 Posts
OK, sounds like a leaking/low clutch fluid problem wich would cause the problem like CougarGT said. Somewhere near (or even the same resivoir like on the cougars) is the clutch master cyl. There should be brake fluid in it. If it is low try filling it up to the full line. You could also get a friend to watch the clutch fluid lines as you pump the clutch pedal to check for leaks. If you dont see any leaks, and you seem to be loosing fluid you might have a leaking slave cyl. Im not sure if those are internal or external offhand. Also, bleeding the clutch would be a good Idea.

This will all be useless if a MX6 uses a cable clutch but I dont think it does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.